What's new

Clam Dip Anyone?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I made a new batch this evening. I pretty much followed the recipe, except that I added 1/2 tsp of horseradish (a good deal less than last time) and about 1 tablespoon of fresh dillweed (finely minced). Instead of the dash of hot sauce, I added ~1/8 tsp of cayenne. I did go with a full 3 tablespoons of green onion.

After hanging out in the fridge for about 5 hours, I like the way this is turning out! The horseradish is just about dead on where I want it, providing a bit of zest but remaining in the background. The dill seems to be doing the same thing.

I look forward to seeing how the flavors develop over the next couple of days!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My blood pressure rises at the very thought, but I like it!
Gotta admit, though, that having been in Texas since the mid-1970s, I far prefer the food here. In my opinion, having lived in or spent a lot of time in most big USA cities, Houston is the best food town, but Austin is gaining on it!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's even better today. The flavors have truly married and the clams are coming through better. I have a feeling this may be about as good as it gets, but I'm quite open to being pleasantly surprised.

Both the dill and horseradish are about perfect amounts. Any less of either, and it wouldn't really do anything. Any more of either, and it would become the star of the show.

I might want to add a touch more Worcestershire, though, but I really mean "a touch." I might add an additional 1/4 tsp to the next batch.

Top Bottom