What's new

Citrus Musk?

I tried to search on this forum, but couldn't find many threads (only 1). I'm searching for a clean and sophisticated citrus and musk blend that would be a good summer scent, as well as office appropriate.

Technically citrus amber, but Black Ships Thomas Tew Aftershave Splash (I think there are 2 versions one has menthol). It's my citrus go to for summer. Fine Italian Citrus might fit the bill. Pinaud makes a citrus musk but I have not sniffed it. Ditto Dr Harris Albany and Boellis Panama Daytona.

Technically citrus amber, but Black Ships Thomas Tew Aftershave Splash (I think there are 2 versions one has menthol). It's my citrus go to for summer. Fine Italian Citrus might fit the bill. Pinaud makes a citrus musk but I have not sniffed it. Ditto Dr Harris Albany and Boellis Panama Daytona.
Thomas Tew and Italian Citrus have matching soaps, but you said office appropriate, and for soap that would be irrelevant. People in an office can't smell what soap you use. Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle is tangerine musk, but with vanilla.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
From the B&B Wiki, the @OkieStubble Bootlegger's Arctic Lime Blast:

1 Part: Osage Rub
1 Part: Pinaud Lime Sec

"If you are looking for a great lime scented aftershave with the added cooling of the arctic, then this is the blend for you. Pinaud Lime Sec is a sweet lime scent, very sweet (candy-like). Too sweet on its own, for many. Osage Rub tames the sweetness of Pinaud Lime Sec, and in return the great lime scent eliminates the medicinal scent of Osage Rub. Another great cooling summertime scent!"

For off the shelf scents, Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk and Fine Italian Citrus.

YMMV :)

I find Thomas Few straight up orange, if it's lime and musk you are after, definitely get Clubman Citrus Musk. It is a great combo.

I tried to search on this forum, but couldn't find many threads (only 1). I'm searching for a clean and sophisticated citrus and musk blend that would be a good summer scent, as well as office appropriate.

Sir detroitreds, are you searching for a soap or an aftershave??

Since the OP put this in the Soap forum I'm assuming he is looking for a soap. I would suggest Wickham Shave Co 1912 Citrus Musk, Connaught Shaving in the UK sells samples also Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Vegetal Shaving Soap - https://connaughtshaving.com/1912.html

1593799407403.png
1593799407403.png

Ultimately, I am looking for both a shaving soap and a complimentary aftershave. I agree that the soap itself wouldn't have much of an effect in an office environment. There are people with sensitivities around me. For sure I would be careful with Pinaud. My experience is that it's very strong.

Stirling's offering sounds interesting.

I don't know if it's still available because it was a special edition, but this is easily my favorite from Duke Cannon. It's exactly what it purports to be - a light citrus with a little musk underneath. It's very clean smelling. It's sort of a "for grownups" version of those nice but "just a tad too sweet" citrus scents from Adidas etal. It's a solid cologne, so it's a body scent only, but if you want something for the office, you don't want silage anyway.

For those that are interested, I got a sample of Stirling Pharaohs Dreamsickle. To my nose, it's a close cousin to Mystic Waters Vanilla Sandalwood that I had 3+ years ago. Performance was good. The dry down is more vanilla, but a high quality version of it. I like it

The Vermont Country Store has a mild lime musk scented shaving soap. It happens that the puck shape exactly matches the original Old Spice puck so it is a perfect fit in an Old Spice Mug. It is a reasonable performer.

For those that are interested, I got a sample of Stirling Pharaohs Dreamsickle. To my nose, it's a close cousin to Mystic Waters Vanilla Sandalwood that I had 3+ years ago. Performance was good. The dry down is more vanilla, but a high quality version of it. I like it
Glad to hear you found a soap you enjoy :thumbup:

I don't believe anyone has mentioned Fine Italian Citrus yet. It is similar to Acqua di Parma Colonia, but there is a musk note in there.

Top Bottom