What's new

Citizen Exceed Watch

A friend is giving me his Citizen Exceed E510 watch. I want to send it in for servicing. Any recommendations on a quality Citizen watch service dealer?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Is there an authorised Citizen Repair Centre in your state? That may be the best place to send it to if there are no reliable/reputable watchmakers in your area.

I found an authorized Citizen Factory Service Center in GA, Hurley Roberts Service Company. Anyone have any experience with them?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
According to the inter webs citizens has a service center in CA and Dallas. I’d suggest calling to get a ballpark estimate first.

A follow-up question for any of you who own expensive watches: How often do you send them in for routine servicing?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do not send mine for routine servicing at all. I have a 2011 Omega Seamaster, which for me is an expensive watch, and it has never been serviced. If it starts to perform unacceptably then I will have it serviced and/or repaired. That is probably not recommended practice but it is my practice.

I ended up sending the watch to an authorized Citizen repair facility, Hurley Roberts. They are going to clean and service the watch and replace gaskets for $135, which seems a reasonable price for this high-end watch. I like the smaller face (37 mm) since I have a small/medium wrist and it looks more proportioned than the hockey-puck-size watch faces now in fashion.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I ended up sending the watch to an authorized Citizen repair facility, Hurley Roberts. They are going to clean and service the watch and replace gaskets for $135, which seems a reasonable price for this high-end watch. I like the smaller face (37 mm) since I have a small/medium wrist and it looks more proportioned than the hockey-puck-size watch faces now in fashion.
Sounds like a
Great deal
Typically service centers will call you with an estimate after they get the piece in with recommended and what they consider optional work. That happened to me once and I declined the optional work.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
That sounds very reasonable to me. Over here in Australia watchmakers are few and far between. You have to post them to the Watchmaker most of the time and rely on the Postal System. I dropped a Quartz Seiko Chronograph at a Jewellers in a town not far from here and they sent the watch away for repair. It never came back but I was compensated with a brand new Seiko solar watch to take its place.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I do not send mine for routine servicing at all. I have a 2011 Omega Seamaster, which for me is an expensive watch, and it has never been serviced. If it starts to perform unacceptably then I will have it serviced and/or repaired. That is probably not recommended practice but it is my practice.
My mechanical watches get service when they start running amok or just stop. Doing so has never been a problem, even with my Rolexes, as regular service can get quite expensive.

My quartz watches get new batteries as needed. My Citizen Eco Drives have never seen the inside of a shop (and some are 20+ years old).

Top Bottom