What's new

Cirque du Soleil's Alegria

Gents,

I can't wait for tomorrow as I'll go and watch Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria show here in Brussels.

Over the last couple of years I've seen 2 of their shows:
- Dralion once
- Saltim Banco twice

I've been long waiting for Alegria so I'm really looking forward to it!

What strikes me the most is that time after time the perfect balance between music and vocals, clothing, the acts themselves and the people who "glue" the acts together all blend into a superb atmosphere which is currently - in my own experience - not yet equalled in any other public show available (to my knowledge).

From the moment you walk in the Circus tent until the moment the show is over, there's a continuous atmosphere which I can't really describe properly. I'm sure that those who have seen at least one of their shows will share my experience.

What do you guys think of Cirque Du Soleil in general? And which show did you find the best if you have seen multiple ones?

My wife and I got the opportunity to see Mystère when we were in Las Vegas last May. It was very good, from the music to the all the visual stuff going on all around you. I had seen some bits and pieces of shows on TV but nothing compares to actually being there. I wish they would come to Dallas.

Ashe said:
What do you guys think of Cirque Du Soleil in general? And which show did you find the best if you have seen multiple ones?
I've seen Mystere and O in Las Vegas. I liked Mystere better but both were superb, astonishing shows--I'm amazed the human body can do such things. I would definitely see another Cirque show if the opportunity presented itself.

--Mark

Ashe said:
Gents,
I can't wait for tomorrow as I'll go and watch Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria show here in Brussels.

Alegria came through Western Canada a couple of years ago and went and saw it. It was the first time I witnessed Crique du Soleil live, and it was truly awesome.

Ashe said:
From the moment you walk in the Circus tent until the moment the show is over, there's a continuous atmosphere which I can't really describe properly.

Yeah, it's difficult to describe. I remember during an intermission, my wife and I were talking about that same thing, and how it seems like no one ever "just does something." Everything - even untying ropes or moving scenery around - is done AS PART of the show, not just something FOR the show - everything is done artistically and purposefully - the act is complete, always together.

It's truly amazing how the concept of everything being part of the show is so well intergrated. So professional - very refreshing and quite awesome.

Let me know what you think of the show. The one part that really amazed me was the lone male gymnast who does a routine similar to rings in the Olympics but using only two long red peices of farbic hanging from the top of the tent - you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

Anyway, let us know what you think once you've seen it.

Peace,

Pierre

Ashe,

Congrats, it should be a blast.

I've seen Mystere, Zumanity and La Reve in Vegas (La Reve not being official Cirque du Soleil, but purportedly done by one of the head guys), and La Nouba in Orlando. They were all great.

I can't remember which one, but one of them, the vocals sort of annoyed me at times, but there's no denying the skill of the performers. I could bend my body like that... the only problem is once I did, I'd never be able to unbend it! :eek6:

-Nick

I have seen Quidam, Dralion, Alegria, and La Nouba. Alegria remains my favorite, but I think they are all pretty spectacular.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I liked Quidam, one of their older performances. Lately, I think they've gotten a bit full of themselves, but I still think they put on a very spooky and trancendental show.

Well, I'm afraid my expectations were a bit too high of yesterday's Alegria show in Brussels.

While if you're a first time visitor the show will still leave you astonished with the acts, the music and just the way everything blends into a very good atmosphere, I must say that during the entire show I couldn't stop thinking "ok, where's the superact?"

While I have to admit that again Cirque du Soleil manages to perform in a way that is not equalled by other companies, I don't consider Alegria to be their best show.

The stage itself was a little smaller than the ones I've seen in the past (Dralion and Saltim Banco) although as usual they make perfect use of the stage itself and the space above it with their height acts. Nevertheless my hunger for the "finishing" act was never stilled, but the show in general gave me a nice feeling of fullfillement because even though I think the other shows I've seen tend to blend more into one uniformal "message" or "story" to the public, the same traditional aspects of Cirque were all still present.

I'm most likely not making much sense here so in short: yes I did like the show very much and yes, I had a very good metaphysical perspective feeling afterwards but my expectations were a little too high if I compare this show with the previous ones I've seen.

My favorite acts were the snake ladies (although initially a bit "weird" yet very beautiful), the 3 guys jumping for the horizontal bars carried by other artists and the trampolines act.

In any case I would still go and see the same show another time if I got the chance because there's so much to be seen on the stage and so many artists doing things at the same time that you're never able to see everything that's happening on the stage (that's also one of the key aspects of Cirque). Without doubt I highly recommend this show to all Cirque du Soleil fanatics!

Top Bottom