What's new

Cigar tubes . . .

Okay . . . I know enough to check my sticks for mold or possible beetle infestation before throwing them into storage. My question is about the metal tubes that some come packed in.

Do you take them out?
Loosen the cap?
Doesn't matter so long as the temps and RH are good?

If you’re going to smoke them in the next week or two, I’d say they are fine in the tube. If you plan on keeping’m awhile I would definitely suggest your humidor. I prefer to rest my cigars, especially the great ones as you just got.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You could probably just twist off the caps to allow air and humidity exchange too. I had a tubos from Davidoff that had slots in the sides that could be opened when in the humidor and closed when taking out and about.

I pull the caps, inspect each cigar, and then put them in the humidor inside the tube cap off. I also quarantine all of my incoming sticks for a few months with an arrival inspection and then one before integration. Just have too much invested in my stash to risk it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Bakker1964:
I remove from the tubes, inspect the cigars and into the humidor they go...although I keep at 8 tubes and use them when going out and/or travel in my travel humidor or my three (3), finger cigar case.
proxy.php
"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party [and the world stops in its aroma]". Martyn Harris

I have compromised. Caps are removed and stowed, capless tubes with sticks inside are now in the Tupperware and ammo can.

Top Bottom