What's new

Cigar Sampler I Could Not Pass Up

Oh, I figured out what's happening. I think I picked up both deals from targeted ads. I saw another ad for a sampler like that while reading some auto repair advice on a forum where I'm not a member (so therefore I see more ads). I guess if you want a deal like that, browse CI and maybe some other similar sites in a browser that's configured to be liberal with cookies and ads, then go do searches for unrelated stuff. Or, maybe ask me and I'll see if I can conjure one.

(Yes I know how great ad-blockers are and in some contexts I use them, but I do try to support sites by receiving ads too.)

So it looks like I can conjure that deal on decently short notice. I went to CI and looked at a few things then started googling. I saw lots of ads but none for that deal. Then a little while later, while listening to Slacker I saw an ad for it. My boss was interested so I gave him the link and he ordered. He's gonna have a humidor at his desk, maybe he and I will slip out for lunch to smoke a cigar some day.

In other news, I just stumbled across this:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/78626/stogies-smorgasbord-sampler/#p-145078
(3) 5 Vegas 'A' Animal (perfecto)
(3) Rocky Patel Connecticut Robusto
(3) Oliva Serie G Toro
(3) Punch Uppercut Toro
(1) Fireside Desktop Humidor
(1) Humi-Care Power Stick humidifier
Price: $40. Not quite as amazing a deal. The humidor looks small and lame, but still a decent deal for someone looking to get started. I imagine that Humi-Care Power Stick should do a decent enough job that the lack of a hygrometer would be ok. The cigars look good.

Most newbies start off with milder cigars and evolve into more complex cigars. Akin to shavers who migrate from a Jagger 89 to a Weber. In addition to focusing in on milder cigars, you should experience a mix of Dominican (D) and Nicaraguan (N) cigars. The difference is like white vs red wine.

On the milder side, you might want to look for San Lotano Connecticut (N), Ashton Cabinet (D), Quesada Jalapa (N) (if you find it), Cabaiguan Natural (N), and Avo Classic (D).

You are embarking on a whole new journey. As your taste evolves, you can experiment with different parings of beverages. I enjoy a tawny port at night with a stronger cigar. Cranberry juice works well with a dry gar. Black coffee works well. Sangria. Enjoy your new hobby.

Top Bottom