What's new

Cigar Sampler I Could Not Pass Up

So mine arrived the other day to my surprise and I have been seasoning it very slowly with a dampened sponge in a dish. It should be ready for sticks by the end of the week at the latest. They cigars were shipped with out any type of humidification and placed inside the humidor so they feel pretty dry to me :closedeye

So mine arrived the other day to my surprise and I have been seasoning it very slowly with a dampened sponge in a dish. It should be ready for sticks by the end of the week at the latest. They cigars were shipped with out any type of humidification and placed inside the humidor so they feel pretty dry to me :closedeye

They'll be fine, don't worry on that. Mine were shipped the same way. Any minor humidity they lost will work back in once they are in the humi and stable and such. I was reading threads on other places and you can bring a cigar back from pretty dried out if need be, and those are definitely not going to have lost that much humidity sealed in the baggie like they are.

They'll be fine, don't worry on that. Mine were shipped the same way. Any minor humidity they lost will work back in once they are in the humi and stable and such. I was reading threads on other places and you can bring a cigar back from pretty dried out if need be, and those are definitely not going to have lost that much humidity sealed in the baggie like they are.

I have the sticks in a tuppadore at the moment. With a 65 and an older 78 humi pack. Hoping this will do the trick, person at the cigar shop said that was the best way to do it

Mine arrived today, and for the price, I figure the humidor was free! Just add some distilled water to the humidor pack, and relax. Fire one up on the back deck, and enjoy. :) Some of you worry too much about nothing. I mean c'mon, 66% or 72% rh does it really matter???

Mine arrived today, and for the price, I figure the humidor was free! Just add some distilled water to the humidor pack, and relax. Fire one up on the back deck, and enjoy. :) Some of you worry too much about nothing. I mean c'mon, 66% or 72% rh does it really matter???

not sure,this is all new to me so I guess I'm just going off of advice from other members. I heard that 65-70 was a good range to have it at though. Tomorrow I will try out my very first cigar though :D I'm excited. Which one did you try?

not sure,this is all new to me so I guess I'm just going off of advice from other members. I heard that 65-70 was a good range to have it at though. Tomorrow I will try out my very first cigar though :D I'm excited. Which one did you try?

I get the feeling that cigar discussions tend to take humidity a little too seriously and a LOT too exactly. People with widely varying humidity preferences seem to enjoy their cigars equally. I think there's a decent range and you just need to keep them somewhere in that range. I say this not from experience, just from study, so I could be wrong, but the logic seems tough to deny.

The humidor that I've had since Christmas settled at 58% and I've smoked a few from it. They were as good as they could be.

I get the feeling that cigar discussions tend to take humidity a little too seriously and a LOT too exactly. People with widely varying humidity preferences seem to enjoy their cigars equally. I think there's a decent range and you just need to keep them somewhere in that range. I say this not from experience, just from study, so I could be wrong, but the logic seems tough to deny.

I'd agree. Yes, there is definitely a point under and over the recommended range that is detrimental to the cigars and their longevity, but I can't imagine a couple points under or over the mark you are trying to hold making much difference, so long as you are still in the "safe" range where they won't dry out, nor get mold from too much moisture.

My Humidor is now seasoned and I am not letting it settle before I put in my Cigars :D although with only 9 sticks in it it will be tough to control the RH but oh well.

My Humidor is now seasoned and I am not letting it settle before I put in my Cigars :D although with only 9 sticks in it it will be tough to control the RH but oh well.

That shouldn't make it tough to control, it will still settle into a steady level over some time, I would think.

Speaking of that...I haven't done anything with mine yet. It's got the sampler cigars, the other pack of cigars I ordered, a little bit of packaging, and a calibrated hygrometer that I threw inside, and it's sitting at 60%. I'm not sure I even need to do anything other than calibrate the included hygrometer. I guess I ought to take the cigars out and see what happens with humidity level.

Speaking of that...I haven't done anything with mine yet. It's got the sampler cigars, the other pack of cigars I ordered, a little bit of packaging, and a calibrated hygrometer that I threw inside, and it's sitting at 60%. I'm not sure I even need to do anything other than calibrate the included hygrometer. I guess I ought to take the cigars out and see what happens with humidity level.

I would still season it...

It's amazing what winter ending does.

I spent all winter battling my humidors to stay above 60. Within the past week, I haven't had to touch either of them and they have crept back up to the mid to high 60's.

Similar deal is back. $30 (plus shipping, was about $5) for 10 cigars and the 50-cigar glass-top hygrometer-front humidor.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/deal/specialf/
Same humidor as the other deal, and these cigars:
2 - Gurkha Vintage Shaggy Gran Rothschild (6.5” x 55)
2 - Gurkha Warlord Super Toro (6.75” x 60)
2 - Gurkha Beast Toro (6.5” x 56)
2 - Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto (6” x 60)
2 - Gurkha Beauty Toro (6.5” x 56)
1 - Whitetail Glasstop Humidor (50 Capacity)

It's baaaaaaack!
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/64856/top-shelf-glass-top-humidor-sampler-2/
Sampler includes 1 each of:
- Cohiba Red Dot Robusto (5x49)
- Hoyo Excalibur Epicure (5.2x50)
- La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 (5.5x54)
- Macanudo Hyde Park (5.5x49)
- CAO Black Bengal (6x50)
- Punch Pita (6.1x50)
- Gurkha Legend Vintage '01 XO (6x60)
- Torano Exodus Silver Robusto (4.7x52)
- Garo Double Habano (7.0x48)
- Graycliff ‘G2’ PGX Toro (6x50)
- Whitetail Glasstop Humidor (50 Capacity)
$30

Kinda wanna buy it, my humidor is getting full and I keep finding deals that I need to resist buying but if I DO buy them I'll have to put them in a tupperdor....I've spent way too much money on BL lately, gotta sabbaticalize for a bit.

Top Bottom