What's new

Cigar Sampler I Could Not Pass Up

What! You must live pretty close, my shipping information hasn't even updated from "electronic information received"

im im usually pretty patient but I'm getting verrrry anxious!!

I don't even have a tracking number. I did checkout with Paypal and didn't create a CI account so I can't login to check my order status...

I have the best LOTH ever, since I am out of work I cannot buy any BL stuff and she just bought me this and another pipe she liked the look of. Now if I could only get her to like less aromatic blends, her favorite is Mac Barrens Honey & Chocolate.

What! You must live pretty close, my shipping information hasn't even updated from "electronic information received"

im im usually pretty patient but I'm getting verrrry anxious!!

I don't even have a tracking number. I did checkout with Paypal and didn't create a CI account so I can't login to check my order status...

Strange, I thought they were usually pretty on top of things. I do live pretty close to the shipping warehouse, relatively speaking.

Well I found out what the deal was, apparently I don't read the whole page. Since I added a lighter to the darn order I now get to have my cigars in transit for up to three weeks!! How insane is that.... Three weeks! That is quite a while IMO. But oh well, that's what I get for not paying attention.

On another note, yesterday I went out and bought a boneva pack and a xikar hydrometer. I have done two salt tests and they are not coming out how I expected however. After 12 hours the RH was 65, that was in a small sandwich bag and a soda cap full of the salt/water mix. I moved it into a larger freezer bag now thinking my first bag was just too thin and possibly had a hole in it somewhere. It's not looking too good still, but it's only been about 3 hours.

On another note, yesterday I went out and bought a boneva pack and a xikar hydrometer. I have done two salt tests and they are not coming out how I expected however. After 12 hours the RH was 65, that was in a small sandwich bag and a soda cap full of the salt/water mix. I moved it into a larger freezer bag now thinking my first bag was just too thin and possibly had a hole in it somewhere. It's not looking too good still, but it's only been about 3 hours.

It sounds like it's going just fine. The whole point of the salt test is to give you known conditions in which to press that calibrate button on the Xikar. They don't come properly calibrated.

Is that due to the lighters having flammable/explosive contents, so they have to shop special?

Yeah... "Special" but in their terms it means snail mail

It sounds like it's going just fine. The whole point of the salt test is to give you known conditions in which to press that calibrate button on the Xikar. They don't come properly calibrated

this is what I believe to be the newer model without calibration feature. Or is this an older model? Either way it "states" it is properly calibrated from the factory.

If it's off, and can't be calibrated, hopefully it's consistent in how much it's off so you can just recall that it's off by X.

this is what I believe to be the newer model without calibration feature. Or is this an older model? Either way it "states" it is properly calibrated from the factory.

Not sure if it's old or new, but I have the same one. Mine is 7% high. Easy work around is I wrote "+7" on the front of it with a dry erase marker so that I can remember what the difference is when I look at it. Salt tests are accurate, so trust your readings in the ziplock bag after 12 hours.

The Tupperware seems to be doing the trick! Could be a cheap Baggie or my mixture was off with the salt/water. Last I looked it was at 71, that's after about 11 hours. Unfortunately I won't have a humidor to put it in now :blushing: I hope it doesn't fluctuate too much till I'm able to get the package.

The Tupperware seems to be doing the trick! Could be a cheap Baggie or my mixture was off with the salt/water. Last I looked it was at 71, that's after about 11 hours. Unfortunately I won't have a humidor to put it in now :blushing: I hope it doesn't fluctuate too much till I'm able to get the package.

The amount of variance it has off of the 75% should be a constant and not change over the couple of weeks it will take to get the humidor and season it.

I was just about to post that I still don't have a tracking number, but I checked my email and my tracking number just arrived. Hooray! Expected delivery on Thursday.
proxy.php

Just so u guys know....xikar new hygrometers no longer have the calibration function anymore and are suppose to come factory calibrated. If they are 1-2% off Im ok with it...anymore I'd personally send it back for a new one that is closer...good thing is they are super good about their lifetime warranty.

Oh yuck. If it can't be calibrated by the user and doesn't come perfectly calibrated every time, in my eyes it goes from being the premium brand to junk.

For less than $4 I bought perfectly calibrated Sunbeam brand hygrometers at Walmart in the aisle with the space heaters, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, etc. The face isn't marked with fine resolution to make it easy to say exactly how many percent, but it's more than sufficient for cigars IMHO.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/385741-For-the-shoestring-budget-auxiliary-tupperdor
(I tried to buy more just this weekend but they weren't there anymore; I guess they're seasonal.)

In other news, my shipment was scheduled for tomorrow but tracking now says it is out for delivery today. That's what happened the last time I got tobacco shipped via UPS, from P&C. Good job UPS!

Top Bottom