What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

And? What did you think? I have yet to try one of these, but I'm very interested. There is a shop in Daytona that probably sells these. And they may even be sold in downtown St Augustine--but that shop has some rea QC issues in their humidor.

I really liked it. I would considered it a full flavored smoke with medium/full strength to it. It had a fantastic construction, great burn and draw and smoke output. Its a little big ring gauge wise as to what I usually smoke, but I did really enjoy it. Flavor wise, it had a nice pepper to it, espresso, and a bit of leather. It had a nice cedar and woodsy on the retro hale. Overall a good smoke and im glad that i have a few more stashed away.

Tried a couple new once recently. Today I smoked my third Ninja Spike in the past few days. I think that is plenty to give my appraisal. What a nice little package. I've been a pretty outspoken critic of Gurkha cigars. Not that I think they are inferior cigars, I just think they happen to be overpriced and perhaps overrated as a whole. They have never been to my tastes. This cigar has made me rethink that. A very nice little cigar and a very good value. Today was the second time i paired it with a Kentucky Bourbon Aged Ale. What a great combo.

I also got to smoke the Undercrown robusto tonight. While I can't criticize the quality of the cigar (it was very well made, smoked perfectly the entire way and gave me a great buzz) it just isn't to my tastes. I found it rather OK---nothing special. Certainly not something I'd pay for again. I'm not suggesting it isn't a quality cigar (it's pretty obvious it is) but it just isn't for me. With that said, I'm not unhappy that I smoked it. Drew Estates cigars, like Gurkha, aren't really my cup-o-tea. This hasn't changed my perception of that. But that doesn't me I won't try another Drew cigar. I'm an experimenter.

Partagas lucitanias gran reserve

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1382748648.973681.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1382748648.973681.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 96
This is my third box of these guys. I like every different stick in the line. And for a so-called muscle cigar, they never seem overly strong.

A few days late, but on Saturday we visited my in-laws for our own little Oktoberfest celebration. I brought beers and smokes and the in-laws provided a German feast.

Started things off with a Quesada Oktoberfest Kurz while my father in law grilled some brats.

proxy.php

After dinner, we sat by the fire and I enjoyed an Ave Maria Barbarossa. This smoke had an interesting spice note that I really dug - not pepper but more of a floralesque baking spice. Very very tasty (and only cost me $3).

proxy.php

A few days late, but on Saturday we visited my in-laws for our own little Oktoberfest celebration. I brought beers and smokes and the in-laws provided a German feast.

Started things off with a Quesada Oktoberfest Kurz while my father in law grilled some brats.

proxy.php

After dinner, we sat by the fire and I enjoyed an Ave Maria Barbarossa. This smoke had an interesting spice note that I really dug - not pepper but more of a floralesque baking spice. Very very tasty (and only cost me $3).

proxy.php

I have 3 of the quesada oktoberfest kurz in my humidor too! Ave Marie, I think I might have had one at one point too and thought it was pretty good for the price too.

Started with a Four Kicks Seleccion No. 5, currently working on a Diesel Unholy Cocktail.

Paired up with some Laphroaig 10 yr. Pretty good night.

Started with a Four Kicks Seleccion No. 5, currently working on a Diesel Unholy Cocktail.

Paired up with some Laphroaig 10 yr. Pretty good night.

Sounds fantastic...love the four kicks stuff...been dieing to try the headly grange drumstick too

Top Bottom