What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Enjoying my first CAO. A MX2 Toro. Very tasty: spice, chocolate and coffee.
A nice maduro. I really need to work on my pipe/ cigar ratio!

Last edited:
El Baton robusto, this is my first and I'm impressed for a $5-6 cigar. I am always on the look out for good value everyday smokes and I am going to get a few more of these.

El Baton is J.C. Newman Nicaraguan puro, fairly linear but has a pepper, cocoa, profile with a leathery finish

Bolivar petite corona and working on a davidoff Nicaragua toro also had a cohiba siglo VI gran reserva

Last edited:
A tatuaje

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 60
It is a Avion Limited, they began to make the 2013 Fausto Avion and Pete decided to change wrappers after they had started production. They had 7500 rolled already so they bundled them and sold them, the price for a bundle of 10 was about 33% off what I normally would pay for a 2012 Avion.

Here is a write up on them.
http://halfwheel.com/review-tatuaje-avion-13-limited/

The Avion line is one of my favorite cigars from tatuaje. Definitely very strong and I have to be in mood for one, but an absolutely great cigar. This was my first from the bundle and they seem to need a little age but I still really enjoyed it.

Just getting to posting these after a long trip on the road for work.

Smokes from last weekend...

$2013-08-24_14-01-23_724.jpg

Smoked on a warm afternoon. I enjoyed this stick but should have had more in my belly as I got a bit green towards the end of the smoke

$2013-08-25_20-10-29_929.jpg

Fantastic smoke shared with my wife. Great conversation this evening! The beer is Ft George Cavatica. Fall must be upon us as my craving for stout is stirring.

My Alma Mater [Mercer University], is having its first football game since 1942 today. My wife works for our local news station and is working due to the hype around the football game. So, to celebrate the inaugural game of both my Alma Mater and my favorite NCAAF team [UGA], I decided I'd enjoy a Liga Privada T52 and a beer on the patio this afternoon.

proxy.php

Special shout-out to our resident Drew Estate rep [he knows who he is] for hooking me up with this stick. Its VERY tasty.

Looked like I could weasle in a short cigar before the rains came, so I opted for the NUB Cameroon 460. The write-ups that I have seen say that these are designed to hit the "sweet spot" of cigar smoking immediately and burn for about an hour despite the short length. I will say that the cigar's large ring size and dense construction made it go for a full 49 minutes; timed from first lighting to where it was too short to hold between my finger and thumb.

I am surprised at how long it smoked, how well it smoke and how the density didnt compromise the draw in any way. I used a cigar punch instead of the guillotine, as I didnt want to shorten it. The NUB is a cigar that you hold rather than clench, but the body yields nicely for those moments when you bite down to puff or need to use both hands. I bought it out of curiosity, but the flavor and quality of smoke has convinced me to get a few more for the humidor
$CoD_31Aug2013.jpg

Looked like I could weasle in a short cigar before the rains came, so I opted for the NUB Cameroon 460. The write-ups that I have seen say that these are designed to hit the "sweet spot" of cigar smoking immediately and burn for about an hour despite the short length. I will say that the cigar's large ring size and dense construction made it go for a full 49 minutes; timed from first lighting to where it was too short to hold between my finger and thumb.

I am surprised at how long it smoked, how well it smoke and how the density didnt compromise the draw in any way. I used a cigar punch instead of the guillotine, as I didnt want to shorten it. The NUB is a cigar that you hold rather than clench, but the body yields nicely for those moments when you bite down to puff or need to use both hands. I bought it out of curiosity, but the flavor and quality of smoke has convinced me to get a few more for the humidor

I keep hearing good things about the NUBs. I believe they're an Oliva product, and I've always had great luck with Oliva stuff. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

The first time I saw a NUB at a store, I thought they were just a gimmick or something. The more I read about them though, the more I'm convinced I need to give them a good shot.

Nice T52, IMHO they are much better than the no.9.

Im trying to decide whether to have a T52 toro, Herrera Esteli toro, or a 601 la bomba atomic. I'm leaning forwards the atomic with a long night of college football.

FYI Brois my BM store got a new box of La Palina Goldie no 5 Friday, I picked up two today. So if you are holding onto the ones you have for a special occasion, check your store they may have gotten more in.

I am enjoying the T52. Unfortunately, I don't have any decent B&Ms around me so I can't find them locally. A package from one of our generous Brothers of the Leaf around here remedied that -- but I'll be sad when I run out and can't get more.

Gator, break out the T52. We'll have a B&B T52 mini-herf.

Mercer? Are you in ATL? I can give you my BM in atl they have Liga on hand 9, t52, I've even gotten the feral flying pig and UF13 there.

I live in Macon, but commute to Mercer's ATL campus on weeknights. I'd love to have a solid B&M up there, although I usually have to go straight to class and don't get out until after 10 pm. But hey, I get up to ATL enough. If you don't mind, shoot me a PM with the B&M info. That would be awesome!

Top Bottom