What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

20210413_124356.jpg

Sunny morning!

Looks like you fellas hit that bottle pretty good between smokes
It is a highly recommended bottle- from me. And Mikey, the other guy at the shop that night
It is unique and hard to put a thumb on. It is highly enjoyable, full bodied. Great neat or with a few drops of water or an icecube. It isn't always available.

I took it to share. I didn't expect it to be as popular as it was . There were others besides Mikey and I. But we out a hurt on the bottle. Luckily we both walked to the shop.

Today was another Drew Estate cigar, a Java Maduro -

20210418_155253.jpg

This is the first time I am trying this particular cigar. Here is a description from Cigar International's website -

Introduced in 2004, and released in the 1st quarter of 2005, Java cigars are an exceptionally unique handmade from two of today's hardest working cigar makers: Jonathan Drew of Drew Estate and Rocky Patel. Quite a one-two combo, to say the least, and boy does this cigar pack a punch, not in strength, but in flavor. Java is a subtly sweet Nicaraguan that features a dark, oily maduro wrapper stretched across an aged blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers. While aging, these cigars have been slowly infused with the delicious flavor of gourmet mocha, morphing a traditional Nicaraguan cigar into an incredibly rich cigar that burns smooth from start to finish, leaving an extremely pleasant aroma in its wake.

Given the mocha flavor I thought I would pair the smoking experience with some Moser Rothe Chili - Dark Chocolate.

20210418_160218.jpg

This is also the first time I tried a hole cutter (on the bottom of my torch lighter) and I must say, I really liked it better than using the straight cutter. No more spitting bits of tobacco out while I am trying to enjoy the cigar (and not inhale :18:).

20210418_160356.jpg

I also spent some time on YouTube watching some videos on how to properly light a cigar made by some guy named Perdomo. I guess he knows a thing or two about cigars ;) because I got a beautifully even burn on my cigar -

20210418_161602.jpg

Tim

Top Bottom