What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ramon Allones

You know that taking these little cigar breaks give you a chance to relax and think of things. As I was taking the cedar wrap from this . . . secured by Scotch tape . . . I recalled a silly thing that still makes me chuckle.

Most offices have a locked up supply of pens, paper, etc. that staff need. It so happened that the lady who was responsible for these supplies reported to me. Bruce, our computer geek MBA . . . and this is back in the 80's when PC's were just beginning to happen . . . put in a requisition . . . 1 role of Scotch tape. . . but any other nationality will do.

Funny at the time.

This is a very nice cigar. It got a bit uneven at the beginning but I resisted evening it up. It did even itself up. Nice smoke.

Cedar wrapped cigar.jpg

Michael Jordan’s cigar choice Usually a Hoya de Monterrey Double Corona. Which would allow him to relax according to an article.

Has anyone had one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He smoked one of these every day on his way to practice during the 1993 season.

In 2005 he told CA it was the Cuban Partagás Lusitania
This is still accurate, he said it again when they interviewed him a second time in 2017.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I read that drive ins were coming back. All because of social distancing. Good luck!

this damn cigar is a TIGHT one! Like sucking a think milkshake. Pretty good bu may be rolled to tight for my liking. This is one that would benefit from that cigar reamer tool.

F7A269C3-7D68-4C51-8CD0-AD2BEE896F37.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I read that drive ins were coming back. All because of social distancing. Good luck!

this damn cigar is a TIGHT one! Like sucking a think milkshake. Pretty good bu may be rolled to tight for my liking. This is one that would benefit from that cigar reamer tool.

View attachment 1103255

If you gently squeeze the thing bottom to top usually the hardest spot is the plugged part. If it’s close to the bottom you just have to suffer till you burn past it. Or you can clip above it. Sometimes you can clip off 1/4” portions from the top in hopes of loosening it up.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you gently squeeze the thing bottom to top usually the hardest spot is the plugged part. If it’s close to the bottom you just have to suffer till you burn past it. Or you can clip above it. Sometimes you can clip off 1/4” portions from the top in hopes of loosening it up.
I think I have one left. I’ll give it a full squeeze next time.

2 buddies stopped by to borrow some tooling. (We kept social distance). Ended up enjoying 1@Cuban Montecristo Edmundo, 1@Punch Elite, 2@Cuban R&J Belvederes, 2@Cohiba cigarillos, multiple beers, a bottle of Burmester 10yr Port, and a bottle of 12yr Glenfiddich. The wife didn’t say anything. I’m still trying to figure out what I did right.

Top Bottom