What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

The 25 is definitely worth the extra $$ if you like a rum on the sweeter side with your cigar (which I do). The Appleton 21 yo is also very nice and worth the price.

Just snagged a bottle this evening. Look forward to pairing it with some delicious Nicaraguan cigars. Just can’t decide what to pair it with first - Plasencia Alma Fuerte Sexto,a Padron Family Reserve, or a Davidoff Nicaragua Toro or Diadema. Next weekend can’t come soon enough!

Attachments

• F32C0239-FB15-459F-85F7-B86C5A292DD2.jpeg
    F32C0239-FB15-459F-85F7-B86C5A292DD2.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 16
RoMa Craft Baka Bantu - Smoking time: 1 hour 12 minutes

First third: Trinidad scorpion pepper bomb on the initial puffs - this one starts out with an immediate, invigorating karate kick to the sinus. Stuffy nose? A little sinus congestion? Put that Sudafed back on the shelf and retrohale this bad boy. After 10 minutes or so, the pepper settles down to a mere judo chop to the nose, and you can finally start probing the immense depths of complexity. An overwhelming symphony of minerals, spices, woods, nuts, rich earth and a slight custard note make it hard to dive deeper into the individual flavors - there’s so much going on, it’s difficult to keep track of it all and maintain focus.

Second third: The shoulder heavy chuao criollo cocoa notes come in hard and fast in the second third, with just a hint of vanilla bean, overpowering - but not muting the flavors in the first third, save for the pepper - which has all but exited stage left. With the pepper gone, the custard provides a delightful creaminess that allows you to better explore the myriad of flavors.

Final Third: Gingerbread, cinnamon and roasted chestnuts come in for the final act - along with a pleasant caramel cookie. A spectacular stick to enjoy in the evening after a heavy meal, paired with your choice of distilled spirit.

Overall: Draw was stellar and the burn waved a bit at times, but came back to true with no corrections required. Oodles of flavor, great complexity, well orchestrated transitions - what more can you ask? While this is a stellar evening stick, it particularly shines as a digestif after a large meal paired with an Underberg. A new love of mine from the RoMa team and a solid 94pts. Highly recommend.

60F85A96-F621-4381-B1F6-A2EA78FD1CEF.jpeg

CC16FF1D-6201-4B58-A83A-5321C52D98FF.jpeg

DDBA5F92-E64C-486C-B140-92A159D61B5A.jpeg

C3320D33-E21D-4430-B4BE-2BB89A34CE0B.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Great! So I know it’s just me that can’t smoke em right :laugh:

When you get the 65% put a couple cigars with it in a Tupperware and let it sit for a few days and see if it helps. That packet I sent is pretty full but it should still absorb more. I let those you sent me sit in my 65% humi for a couple days.

Top Bottom