What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Have a dozen Ramon Alones 2010 Special German Edition lounging in my humidor. But it is -15C outside a foot of snow in a driveway and I am not allowed to smoke in the house:crying:

^The RA RE Germany 2010 was probably the best 2010 regional release IMHO, almost in the top 3 cigars I smoked last year. I am pretty jealous right now "I just have a dozen laying around", wish I had that problem too:tongue_sm

Have a dozen Ramon Alones 2010 Special German Edition lounging in my humidor. But it is -15C outside a foot of snow in a driveway and I am not allowed to smoke in the house:crying:

Ship a few to California and I'll gladly help you out!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gentleman:
Tonight I'm going to enjoy a Cuban 'Por Larranaga Montecarlos' (a fairly mild Slim Panetela - 6 1/4 x 33 Ring Gauge - Factory Box Code OPM Aug 09), paired with a glass of Savory & James (Spain), Cream Sherry. :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

"Gentlemen, you may smoke." King Edward VII of England

Last edited:
I was recently in St. Maarten and picked up a bundle of local-made coronas (Don G Cigar Place in Marigot (French capital) on Rue de Republique). At $4/stick (these are the house brand & not Cubans), I figured I didn't have much to loose, but also didn't expect much. I did at least buy a test single before buying the bundle.

In any case, a nice mild smoke, good draw with a tolerable room note and a nice kick of flavor/spicy toward the last half or so of the cigar.

I should note that the proprietor doesn't speak a lot of English (He's French) and the staff seems to speak even less. However, he was helpful and I had a good experience at his very tiny shop where, you can also see some of the cigar making tools in use. Other brands are also available, but the selection appeared to be rather limited.

I might also note that these cigars are bandless and wrapped in cellophane, but also appear to be handmade.

I hate working these late night shifts, I'm all of out of whack. I even bought something out of the humidor this afternoon. A Montecristo White 'Robusto Grande'. Having it now, not bad!

I have been enjoying a box of Rocky Patel American Market Selection double corona's. It's a Famous Smoke Shop exclusive. Pretty good.

Got home from work yesterday and enjoyed a fantastic cup of cafe con leche and an Oliva El Cobre toro. Life is good...(especially with this wonderful weather we're experiencing in North Carolina!)

Andrew

Top Bottom