What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

How do you like those box pressed cigars?
I wasn't a fan of the flavor of that stick that night. I do like Aladino cigars. I was at a shop and didn't look up binders/wrapper etc which is what I usually base my selections on when the shop gets new sticks.

That said, i typically enjoy most sticks that are box pressed.

This thread is down too low. I know y'all been smoking sticks while carrying on at the hootenannies!
Aladino Cameroon (this one I enjoyed! @Slash McCoy )
Then La Gloria Cubana Obelisco from @Hirsute which was also tasty.
Then some Memphis style Chicken Thighs. (whoops wrong smoke!)
PXL_20220703_001428552.jpg
PXL_20220703_025813136.jpg
PXL_20220703_012750201.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I only got this about half smoked before I had to let it go out and go home. SWMSBO was with me and her eyes were burning from the 9 or 10 stogies all going at once,so I finished it at the house, even smoking down to the hot, hobo style, with a toothpick. Rolled this short fattie perfecto a couple weeks ago, I think maybe 4 leaves Dominican Criollo 98 Seco and a leaf of Ligero, for the filler, Ecuador Viso binder, Nicaragua CT Shade wrapper.

Lately I have mostly dropped all Ligero, just rolling Seco and Viso, sometimes only Viso for filler. The Ecuador stuff I get from Leaf Only is quite nice, not sure what variety it is. only that it is Viso and from Ecuador. Here's the pics.

IMG_20220706_174710371.jpg

IMG_20220706_214747888.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I really like these Nubs

View attachment 1485562
I bought two of those a few months ago but in the claro wrapper. I smoked one a couple weeks ago. Not bad. I am liking short cigars more and more. Sometimes the bugs and the heat and humidity in the evenings makes a two hour outdoor smoking session seem excessive. I have been trying to smoke mostly store-boughts, to save my rolls for aging. Three years from now I hope to be smoking nothing that I didn't roll myself and didn't age for at least three years.

Top Bottom