What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

I tried a Diamondback Dulce Humo cigar. A nice sweetness in the wrapper, perfect light and burn, moderate draw, and a mild smoke. It was fine but it did not knock my socks off.

20210627_124238.jpg

Tim

I picked up one of these Nub Connecticut cigars myself but have not gotten around to trying it. When I do I think I will give it a go with a cup of coffee.

Tim
I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet. I usually like a mild to medium cigar with a strong cup of coffee or espresso in the morning, and I think this will be a very good pairing for that.

Was that a Mayhem Chef?
I think it was the unhinged. Maduro. Wasn't a bad cigar, just wasn't hitting it for me. The darkest dark wrapper of those three with the big paper wrapper. I tossed it almost before I got out of the humidor.

From CLE I've like a good amount of the Asylum lines but most of the others haven't done it for me. The CLE Habano is decent most times I've smoked it. I've had a couple of the Wynwood Hills and haven't been my cup of tea. Just working my way through that wall in the humidor. That shop has most of CLEs offerings.

Two recent cigars I tried were the Nub Connecticut and another "Yummie *****" from Deadwood Tobacco Co., "Fat Bottom Betty".

The Nub was OK but nothing special. I was told Nub's Cameroon wrapper cigar is more flavorful. Might have to give that one a try before I write off the Nub cigars.

20210629_135039.jpg

On the other hand, Fat Bottom Betty was an excellent smoke as were her two other sisters I tried, Sweet Jane and Leather Rose.

20210630_141920.jpg

Of the three I have tried thus far I would say Leather Rose takes the top spot. But, I still have a Crazy Alice to try.

Tim

A first for me, enjoying a cigar early in the morning along with a cup of coffee - black. The cigar of choice this morning was a Rosario Cigar Gigante-Sweet.

20210701_092326.jpg

The cigar was sitting in my humidor for quite awhile and between that and the high humidity of the season the cigar was a bit soft. Nevertheless, I had no issues lighting it or keeping it lit all the way through the smoke.

I did notice, and did not care for, the level of sweetness you get during the draw. I have a non-sweetened version of Rosario Cigar's Gigante so I will see if I like that one better.

Tim

I haven't been on b&b much aside from lurking, so I thought I would jump on here since this thread is a natural starting point for me 😂

I couldn't decide whether today should be a pipe day or a cigar day, so I'm drying out some gawith fvf to throw in a pipe and prepping coffee, gonna start the day with an og tatuaje escasos lancero.

Top Bottom