What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Cardinal Richelieu
AC4B7848-CD93-4EDC-8B21-88874378C8BD.jpeg

How was the Cameroon, the broadleafs are damn tasty.
It didn't agree with me last night but I nubbed it anyways. If I wasn't at the shop and ashing every half inch it probably would have been able to get a 3-4" ash. It was super dense and well constructed. Burn was perfect. I didn't have to touch it up once. I'll blame it on being my first night back in the saddle and the third thing I smoked. I'll try to grab another and give a better report on a fresh palate. I wasn't getting anything on any of the smokes on the retrohales so I'm not back to 100% on tasting but I've been stuffy as our weather has been swinging between the teens and seventies the past week and a half.

The Last Call was OK. I remember liking the maduro better but the pipe of Star of the East was the best smoke of the night.

Pondering as I was typing this up, it may not have been the cameroon wrapped AJ I was thinking I had had before. I may have been thinking it was a San Latono Cameroon. Why must the labels look so similar? Anyways, the cigar was nicely constructed. I just might not be able to fully enjoy a stick just yet.

It didn't agree with me last night but I nubbed it anyways. If I wasn't at the shop and ashing every half inch it probably would have been able to get a 3-4" ash. It was super dense and well constructed. Burn was perfect. I didn't have to touch it up once. I'll blame it on being my first night back in the saddle and the third thing I smoked. I'll try to grab another and give a better report on a fresh palate. I wasn't getting anything on any of the smokes on the retrohales so I'm not back to 100% on tasting but I've been stuffy as our weather has been swinging between the teens and seventies the past week and a half.

The Last Call was OK. I remember liking the maduro better but the pipe of Star of the East was the best smoke of the night.

Pondering as I was typing this up, it may not have been the cameroon wrapped AJ I was thinking I had had before. I may have been thinking it was a San Latono Cameroon. Why must the labels look so similar? Anyways, the cigar was nicely constructed. I just might not be able to fully enjoy a stick just yet.
It’s hard to beat AJ for the money and those broadleafs are getting harder for rollers around the industry to find. Sending you a PM

Top Bottom