What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Round two - breaking in my new cutter and one of the Dupont Ligne 2’s with a Partagas Anejados from 2008. Cutter works great, but DEFINITELY don’t buy one. With the ridiculous price tag, I was expecting this allegedly solid brass and covered in palladium German made Zino SNIPS to be something remarkable, and frankly, it just isn’t. The design of how they connect the handles to the blade, results in some play in the handles - which doesn’t affect performance, but is absolutely unacceptable at this price range. As crazy as it sounds, the Davidoff German made double guillotines are worth their lofty $330 price tag, especially since they’re so well made, remarkably thin and come with a gorgeous leather case - so I was expecting the same from this. Unfortunately despite this being considerably more expensive (and it also has a leather case) it’s much thicker, so not nearly as sleek, doesn’t work any better and doesn’t have as good a build quality. Lesson learned.

335CEECD-1F6B-40D2-9793-BE1189E54EA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Round two - breaking in my new cutter and one of the Dupont Ligne 2’s with a Partagas Anejados from 2008. Cutter works great, but DEFINITELY don’t buy one. With the ridiculous price tag, I was expecting this allegedly solid palladium German made Zino SNIPS to be something remarkable, and frankly, it just isn’t. The design of how they connect the handles to the blade, results in some play in the handles - which doesn’t affect performance, but is absolutely unacceptable at this price range. As crazy as it sounds, the Davidoff German made double guillotines are worth their lofty $330 price tag, especially since they’re so well made, remarkably thin and come with a gorgeous leather case - so I was expecting the same from this. Unfortunately despite this being considerably more expensive (and it also has a leather case) it’s much thicker, so not nearly as sleek, doesn’t work any better and doesn’t have as good a build quality. Lesson learned.

View attachment 1073688
Good write up

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
No picture but the wind is blowing like mad. Just about around the freezing point where I am and this is a great short cigar I purchased for this time of year.

Romeo Y Julieta Cigars Petit Royales . . .

3 and 3/4 inch 47 ring. . . Cuban. Makes your face happy like the best steak you ever had.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My Cigar Friends:
proxy.php
I'm now waiting on a 'vintage' box of twenty-five (25), Cuban Romeo y Julieta Petit Coronas (5in x 42 - [Cuban Mareva Format]...w/ a Box Code of 2003 [17yrs old]...Yeah
Baby Yeah..I'm gonna 'die & go to cigar heaven'!).
proxy.php

proxy.php

cigar-jpg.849848
“The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar”. Evelyn Waugh

PS I'm so 'jiggy with it'...I can't wait for them to arrive...I'll post a pic of the box & submit a review of these vintage cigars. :thumbsup:
My Cigar Friends:

proxy.php
Last night (while watching another sunset), I enjoyed a 'down to the stub' Cuban Romeo y Julieta Petit Coronas (5in x 42 - [Cuban Mareva Format]...w/ a Box Code of 2003 [17yrs old]), with a mason jar of Southern sugar-cane sweetened Iced Tea and Hennessy Cognac!
proxy.php

1584149355422.png

1584149421392.png

1584149174584.png

1584204281103.png

I thought I would get a box, but what I ordered was the format 5x5 in a heavy paper box. Upon opening, these cigars had very little bloom :001_rolle

This 'vintage' cigar remains a rich and flavorful smoke (after all these years), with a great draw and burn. Mild-Medium-bodied, with nutty, milky coffee, earth, leather and mellow sweet tobacco character. This cigar delivers lots of character, lots of creamy smoke, awesome aroma and flavorful aftertaste. In short...a very fine, excellent aged cigar! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“The cigar is the perfect complement to an elegant lifestyle”. French Author George Sands

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My Cigar Friends:

proxy.php
Last night (while watching another sunset), I enjoyed a 'down to the stub' Cuban Romeo y Julieta Petit Coronas (5in x 42 - [Cuban Mareva Format]...w/ a Box Code of 2003 [17yrs old]), with a mason jar of Southern sugar-cane sweetened Iced Tea and Hennessy Cognac!
proxy.php

View attachment 1074033

View attachment 1074034

View attachment 1074025

View attachment 1074191

I thought I would get a box, but what I ordered was the format 5x5 in a heavy paper box. Upon opening, these cigars had very little bloom :001_rolle

This 'vintage' cigar remains a rich and flavorful smoke (after all these years), with a great draw and burn. Mild-Medium-bodied, with nutty, milky coffee, earth, leather and mellow sweet tobacco character. This cigar delivers lots of character, lots of creamy smoke, awesome aroma and flavorful aftertaste. In short...a very fine, excellent aged cigar! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“The cigar is the perfect complement to an elegant lifestyle”. French Author George Sands

The PC is one of my preferred vitolas, and the R&J PC is one of the best. :thumbsup:

Whoa. That would be a warmer weather smoke for me. Hard not to be able to stand up for hours when it is freezing out. Semi serious about that. I'll probably order a few.

Does it make it any manlier, that I paired it with a giant glenclairn of ~115 proof 2016 Lagavulin limited edition 12 year Scotch? 😁

I really dig theses Neanderthal’s I’ve got a box in every size, as well as the genetic deformity. This HN is my favorite by far though.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A couple short smokes for the evening.

CAO Flavors with Bumbu Rum was very good! I’m actually amazed at how good the rum made everything taste.

Followed by a short Davidoff and Miller Lite. Kinda did that one a disservice! Still good.

8566C6C9-5A9F-4EA0-93A4-5816FDC1CB44.jpeg

8FC817F6-A880-4619-A2EC-FC48ED5EBA52.jpeg

9FF294F8-1F74-43CE-BE5C-F259811309FB.jpeg

Never had a Neanderthal, but Opus X or it’s cousin Anejo is about as strong as I enjoy, especially at the Anejo 55 or 77 sizes. As for strong drinks, that reminds me to pick up another bottle of aberlour a'bunadh

You’re missing out. Track down an HN. It’s strong, but balanced, especially after it settles half way through the first third - just make sure to take your time with it and give it 2 hours of burn time. Puff on it too often and aggressively and the Green River Sucker One Pennsylvania Double Ligero will show you who’s boss and knock you off your chair into outer space.

Top Bottom