What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

2DB18B8A-3537-495C-BE02-38C2FD33DC33.jpeg

DF625246-4EF5-4DA2-B6F3-2D28C20BD20E.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
JJ how was your Undercrown?

it was good. What I got to smoke of it. Idk if my humidor is to wet or what. But nothing so far has smoked very well. Every cigar has gone out. And I toast and light just the same. They will tunnel or canoe too. I smoked about half tho and it was great. Mellow

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
it was good. What I got to smoke of it. Idk if my humidor is to wet or what. But nothing so far has smoked very well. Every cigar has gone out. And I toast and light just the same. They will tunnel or canoe too. I smoked about half tho and it was great. Mellow

I don’t know if you know this, but you have to give the cigar a little bit of attention over the duration of the smoke. If one side starts to lag behind the other give it a quick touch up. If it starts to tunnel give it a burn all around the outside to even it up. There are always cigars that burn all the way down on their own, but more often than not touch ups are needed.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t know if you know this, but you have to give the cigar a little bit of attention over the duration of the smoke. If one side starts to lag behind the other give it a quick touch up. If it starts to tunnel give it a burn all around the outside to even it up. There are always cigars that burn all the way down on their own, but more often than not touch ups are needed.
Yeah I touch up a lot It seems. I’ve got some inexpensive “practice“ cigars on the way. I’m also going to store some at a lower humidity and see if that improves anything.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yeah I touch up a lot It seems. I’ve got some inexpensive “practice“ cigars on the way. I’m also going to store some at a lower humidity and see if that improves anything.

What % Boveda’s do you use again?

Too high. Use A 69 for new world, 65 for Cubans. If you’re running a 72 - the day before dry box/bag the stick you plan on smoking - or pull it out of your humidor for 2-3 hours before your smoke and let it bleed off some of the excess humidity.

if the above doesn’t work - it’s likely your initial light not being up to snuff, you need to get a real solid, and even light - I can send you a video of mine from IG as an example. When I smoke with my dad (1-3X a month) we smoke the same stick every time, from the same box/humidor and almost every time he has issues with uneven burn, etc when he lights his. If I light his stick (and pull his man card) he has no issues.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Is it just me or . . .

I think Cuban cigars are in general, very much more packed than cigars from other parts of the world.

Really sometimes I pickup a cigar and think heck this is light . . . how do they make it so firm.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Is it just me or . . .

I think Cuban cigars are in general, very much more packed than cigars from other parts of the world.

Really sometimes I pickup a cigar and think heck this is light . . . how do they make it so firm.

I wouldn’t say they are packed with more tobacco, perhaps they are. The rolling style of Cubans are a much tighter roll than Non Cubans. I’ve seen the few tear machines at the Cohiba factory, andwhile they say they test every cigar, I’m not really sure that they do.

Top Bottom