What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Psd4
$20150104_213153.jpg

I have a friend named Boris, and he hooked me up.

Smoked this on my way down to Sendai. Going to Tokyo again tomorrow :(

Was very nice. Slightly peppery beginning and rolled in and out of chocolate, cocoa and earthy. Or I could be completely wrong cause I think I caught Akina's cold ;)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420725746.911675.jpg

I have a friend named Boris, and he hooked me up.

Smoked this on my way down to Sendai. Going to Tokyo again tomorrow :(

Was very nice. Slightly peppery beginning and rolled in and out of chocolate, cocoa and earthy. Or I could be completely wrong cause I think I caught Akina's cold ;)

View attachment 538182

Very nice! Boris' legend extends beyond the walls of B&B! I just smoked a Jericho Hill the other day. I was having a hard time pinpointing the flavors, but I think you hit the nail on the head.

An Alec Bradley American Sungrown. It was in the mid thirties today, so I thought I smoke a cigar outside. First cigar in over a month. It was cold, but the cigar made it pleasurable. Now, back to the pipes.

Have had a really long 3/4 of a month and today is Friday!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421402186.014672.jpg

Thanks to Boris for this wonderful stick. Despite the dark oily wrapper this guy was smoov! Reminded me of Penzance or Stonehaven in that it maintained a sweetness throughout the smoke. Peppery and earthy in the first third with slight cedar notes turning to cocoa powdery in the second third and full and robust in the last third. 'Twas wonderful.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Grades are due today at my school, and I had been working with students on writing memoirs, running a homework club, letting kids make up work, grading papers, trying to fix my guitar, as well as having some "fun" with the wife at night for the last couple weeks.
Last night I stopped in at the shop 3 doors from me and had a Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir.
I'm newer to cigars (although I smoked Reds, Newports, Kools, and Parmiaments for 14 years), so I'll try my best to describe what I tasted. Again, bear with me.
The first part I noticed some earthy notes, smooth smoke but bold flavor.
The second part of the cigar the smoke became a bit spicy. Still smooth smoking, but it became a bit heavier at this point. Full flavor for sure.
The third part the smoke became a bit much (embarrassing to admit). It seemed to get very spicy to me. Maybe I pulled too many times (only about 2-3 in a row per minute), or the fact that I had an empty stomach.
I will try this one again, but probably not tonight. Tonight I may just try the Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom