What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Liga Undercrown Gran Toro

$LigaUndercrown.jpg

La Aurora 1495 corona, during a break between conference meetings. These have improved after a nap.I violated my no-beer-at-lunch rule, too!

A couple of 2014's to see how they are doing.

Bolivar Petit Corona

Partagas Serie E No.2

Bolivars are good to go. I'm going let the E2's rest for a while before I re visit them.

Luke, nice selection of cigars. Any chance of getting a set of reviews from you?

I'll put some thought into that. I'm not the greatest at picking up different flavor nuances, but I could give it a shot. I don't think this diesel is a good place to start as I'm sure my drink is impacting the flavor of the cigar. I will say though, this thing is tight, and well into the second third isn't loosening up much. Akin to drinking a milk shake with a coffee stirrer.

I'll put some thought into that. I'm not the greatest at picking up different flavor nuances, but I could give it a shot. I don't think this diesel is a good place to start as I'm sure my drink is impacting the flavor of the cigar. I will say though, this thing is tight, and well into the second third isn't loosening up much. Akin to drinking a milk shake with a coffee stirrer.
The reason I asked is that I've had the Diesel and Undercrown Gran Toro and wanted to see what you thought of them. Don't worry about picking out any particular flavors. Every review is subjective, as I'm sure you've seen in many of them. Just a general sense of the taste and some of the characteristics is great, just like you did with the Diesel. I experienced the tight draw myself, but I like the flavor of the stick. The Undercrown is good, but I had been taking antibiotics at the time and I know it ruined the taste experience to a great degree. I always like to hear other opinions. It's all part of the enjoyment with this hobby of ours, IMHO.

The reason I asked is that I've had the Diesel and Undercrown Gran Toro and wanted to see what you thought of them. Don't worry about picking out any particular flavors. Every review is subjective, as I'm sure you've seen in many of them. Just a general sense of the taste and some of the characteristics is great, just like you did with the Diesel. I experienced the tight draw myself, but I like the flavor of the stick. The Undercrown is good, but I had been taking antibiotics at the time and I know it ruined the taste experience to a great degree. I always like to hear other opinions. It's all part of the enjoyment with this hobby of ours, IMHO.

If you get the chance, definitely try an Undercrown Gran Toro again. Of the cigars I've been smoking lately, it's been my favorite. It had a subtle sweetness and some spiciness from what I recall, maybe a little coffee as well. And the draw was almost effortless, which I love. The Diesel had good flavor, but based on the draw I don't know if I'd buy one again, especially since you experienced the same issue. The wrapper is lighter than I generally prefer, though I may have enjoyed it more earlier in the day with a cup of coffee.

If you get the chance, definitely try an Undercrown Gran Toro again. Of the cigars I've been smoking lately, it's been my favorite. It had a subtle sweetness and some spiciness from what I recall, maybe a little coffee as well. And the draw was almost effortless, which I love. The Diesel had good flavor, but based on the draw I don't know if I'd buy one again, especially since you experienced the same issue. The wrapper is lighter than I generally prefer, though I may have enjoyed it more earlier in the day with a cup of coffee.
Oh yeah, the Undercrowns are in the Humi just waiting for me to get back to them. I got the coffee notes too, but just twice, and that was for only one puff. I think we are also in agreement about the Diesel. Can't remember which ones exactly I had, but they both had draw issues. Still, I think it potentially is a really good to great cigar. I've got my My Father's napping for a time when I can really enjoy the experience. Goth them from CI last week and am getting anxious. Thanks for posting your thoughts, Luke.

Tatuaje El Triunfador Lancero Limited. My first Tat and my first lancero. Definitely won't be my last of either. Very smooth earthy smoke with some leather notes. The draw is wonderful. I've always gravitated to robustos, no idea why, but I'm definitely going to have to try more cigars in this vitola.

$TatLanceroLimited.jpg

Well, I guess you could say I enjoyed it...

$TatNubbed.jpg

Last edited:
Tatuaje El Triunfador Lancero Limited. My first Tat and my first lancero. Definitely won't be my last of either. Very smooth earthy smoke with some leather notes. The draw is wonderful. I've always gravitated to robustos, no idea why, but I'm definitely going to have to try more cigars in this vitola.

Well, I guess you could say I enjoyed it...

I love lanceros too. The B&M I frequent when I'm in NJ sells Don Pepin Garcia and Tatuaje lanceros, so I'll usually grab one when I'm around and have some extra cash in my pocket to **** away.

I love lanceros too. The B&M I frequent when I'm in NJ sells Don Pepin Garcia and Tatuaje lanceros, so I'll usually grab one when I'm around and have some extra cash in my pocket to **** away.

I've got a My Father No. 4 sitting in the humidor that I don't think will see the weekend after seeing how good this one was.

Top Bottom