• Double-Guillotine

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Single-Guillotine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V-Clipper

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Punch

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Bench saw (Ok my dad is a carpenter, this actually works for Toscanos)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Whatever is around

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
What is your preferred method? I've tried many (V-clip, Double-Guillotin, Single-Blade and Punch) and I honestly can't decide what I like the most! I think I am edging towards a punch... V-clipper is kind of cool too.

I've got a few double guillotine, a v-cut, and some punches. Double guillotine is what I use most. Followed by the punch. I don't do a single punch hole though. I do a three leaf clover shape.

I like a bullet cutter ... is that the same as a punch?
But if I am lacking that tool,
a sharp pocket knife gives a nice V-cut.

I've got a few double guillotine, a v-cut, and some punches. Double guillotine is what I use most. Followed by the punch. I don't do a single punch hole though. I do a three leaf clover shape.

Interesting, I've never done it like that, but I will try it sometime.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I use a double blade, or sometime do a criss cross pattern with the v-cutter.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I’m usually a V or a double guillotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer using a pocket knife to remove the cup portion off the end leaving the inside filler.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Palio

Home - Palio

proxy.php

Last edited:
Cuban Crafter Perfect Cigar Cutter. It was a game changer for my cigar cutting.
I may need to send mine in to them. I like the cutter but it seems to have started not making quite as clean of cuts recently. I'll test it again and if confirmed I'll message them. Guess thats what the lifetime warrenty is for :thumbup:

I used the Xikar double guillotine almost exclusively for years. It is an excellent instrument, and their customer service is hard to beat. That said, on the increasingly rare occasion that I do light up a cigar, I've begun using a sharp pocket knife to make a notch cut in the cap.

Xikar Xi1, Xi2, and VX... so, double guillotines and v-clippers.

Edge goes to Double Guillotines, because I also use them to cut my rope tobacco.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I also use double guillotine cutters. I have 2, one I purchased in Italy way back 2000 when I was stationed there and a second from a Spain deployment in 2011 when I started smoking cigars again.

R/
Dave

I'm a fan of the Xikar cutters. They work well and when they dull I just send it back. I also have a punch cutter on my keychain. I'm currently looking for a good cat's eye (v-cutter).

I also use double guillotine cutters. I have 2, one I purchased in Italy way back 2000 when I was stationed there and a second from a Spain deployment in 2011 when I started smoking cigars again.

R/
Dave

Those are some great locations to be deployed! I'm assuming near Vicenza? Was there recently :).

Top Bottom