What's new

Cigar Aficiondo's Here???

I think i am going with a Vino. I am trying to track one down now. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments..All have been very helpful..

I have had nothing but over-the-top experience with cigarsinternational. I know that won't always be the case, but for now, I am a happy customer.

To add to NANP recommendations, you might try www.2guyssmokeshop.com. I have dealt with them in the past and they seem to be a good company.

DL

Yeah I am thinking about taking ride up to there shop soon. It is about 40mins from me in Boston. Talking about 2guys..

Also I am taking a family vaction in PA. and also thinking about making a detour to CI store..Still trying to get my wife onbaord with that 1???

I do NOT recommend Cigars International, their auction arm Cigar Bid, JR, or Thompsons. All of these have, at minimum, issues with proper storage and horrible customer service.

I have never had an issue with either Thompson or Cigars International (or their subsidiaries, General Cigar or Getsnus). I've never had to contact Thompson, but the customer reps at Cigars Int. have been nothing but great the few times I've had to contact them. I stop in person whenever I'm in PA and have seen their warehouse, and I wonder as to what type of improper storage issues you have with Cigars International? Seeing as they're owned by one of the largest tobacco companies in the world (Swedish Match) it would seem as though they would be a little bit more on the ball than some of their competitors.

Of course, this is only my opinion. To each their own.

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with either Thompson or Cigars International (or their subsidiaries, General Cigar or Getsnus). I've never had to contact Thompson, but the customer reps at Cigars Int. have been nothing but great the few times I've had to contact them. I stop in person whenever I'm in PA and have seen their warehouse, and I wonder as to what type of improper storage issues you have with Cigars International? Seeing as they're owned by one of the largest tobacco companies in the world (Swedish Match) it would seem as though they would be a little bit more on the ball than some of their competitors.

Of course, this is only my opinion. To each their own.

RE: Cigars International.

Agreed. I've only had positive experiences dealing with CI and CBid. Yes, the sticks come a bit wet, but I'd rather receive them a bit wet vs. a bit dry. Some rest in the humidor to bring the RH down and you're good to go.

I am a cigar man myself. If you want ANYTHING, check out cigarbid.com and save yourself money. And I see that you are from Boston, check out GLoucester street cigar. , the owner Jose is a great guy. There is also two guys in NH which is just HUGE. If you want a great cigar, I HIGHLY recommend the Oliva V, my personal favorite for a great cigar and not paying top dollar. I also highly recommend a Padron 3000. Best cigar for 5 bucks.

Along with cigarbid.com don't miss famous-smoke.com it's a bidding site like the former and has some very nice selections, often times better than cigarbid.com IMNSHO. With both of the sites be patient with your bids. You may even sit out of a few that you're interested in and see where the high and low price points are. If you patiently watch for a while, you will be amazed at how low you can buy fresh cigars for.

Best of luck

My favorite cigar is the Padron Anniversary (lit with a match), with a nice tumbler of Maker's Mark and ice. What an experience!!!

Another cigar afficionado here. I hang out at Cigarpass, a great cigar forum which is completely self-moderated. The knowledge I have gleaned from that site just through reading, is immense.
My favourite cigars are the Partagas Serie D # 4, Padron 1926 series and anything with a Davidoff band.

Pete

Another cigar afficionado here. I hang out at Cigarpass, a great cigar forum which is completely self-moderated. The knowledge I have gleaned from that site just through reading, is immense.
My favourite cigars are the Partagas Serie D # 4, Padron 1926 series and anything with a Davidoff band.

Pete

+1 on the PSD4, saltypete! Excellent cigar. RASS with a few years on them are awesome cigars as well!

DL

Pete

Good choice on that Padron, excellent cigar.

I ordered a box of Padron 2000 maddies, a box of DPG Fumadores (haven't tried these before, but they were on sale) and a box of Fuente Hemingway Short Stories from Holt's last night.

I always try to have the Padron X000 line and some Short Stories on hand. I love them both, and they're great to share with my fair-weather cigar smoking friends too.

I wonder as to what type of improper storage issues you have with Cigars International?

I've had more than one friend/acquaintance receive moldy cigars from them through Cbid and get the response "Yeah, so?" from customer service.

In my own experience, cigars purchased through CI/Cbid have not tasted the same, i.e., not as GOOD, as cigars of the same type, brand, vitola purchased elsewhere. I'd not go so far as to say they reband seconds, but that thought has definitely crossed my mind.

To each their own. I deal with enough companies offering stellar product, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service that I feel no need or inclination to settle for anything less.

NANP™

RE: Cigars International.

Agreed. I've only had positive experiences dealing with CI and CBid. Yes, the sticks come a bit wet, but I'd rather receive them a bit wet vs. a bit dry. Some rest in the humidor to bring the RH down and you're good to go.

Cory you forgot one thing. Please complete this post in the proper manner.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom