What's new

Cigar Aficiondo Magazine Forums is shutting down

The long time Cigar Aficionado magazine forums is shutting down.

Last day is this Friday, June 28th.

Going to be missed.

I posted this forum link over there as a new forum for cigar smokers.

Last edited:
The CA Magazine has taken a downturn over the past several years as has their forum. Hope this hold up. Thanks for posting this address Steve.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The CA Magazine has taken a downturn over the past several years as has their forum. Hope this hold up. Thanks for posting this address Steve.
ElCaribe:
plus-one-png.797576
...I sadly believe this magazine has almost lost all of its ‘luster’ (now...OK are best), from its original charter in the Autumn of 92 (I still have this magazine [among other CA's mags). :001_unsur

I fondly remember how CA started as a lifestyle magazine with articles of cigars, wine, spirits, travel, gambling, antiques, vehicles, (I thought for the 'average Joe'...not the so well-to-do w/ money to burn), and interesting interviews with leading personalities in the cigar world and insights, plus feature articles relating to the cigar making industry & noted for its opposition to the Cuban embargo. :thumbsup:

Shoulder Shrug.jpg Its hard to put into words, but CA seemed to 'morph' to attract a different class of demographic reader (i.e., upward mobile individuals), the articles on sundry's, hotels, food etc...are priced 'wayyyy out of my league'...I think you get my drift.

just-my-2-cents-gif.793284

proxy.php
"[Reading] a [magazine] is a device to ignite the imagination". Alan Bennett

ElCaribe:
plus-one-png.797576
...I sadly believe this magazine has almost lost all of its ‘luster’ (now...OK are best), from its original charter in the Autumn of 92 (I still have this magazine [among other CA's mags). :001_unsur

I fondly remember how CA started as a lifestyle magazine with articles of cigars, wine, spirits, travel, gambling, antiques, vehicles, (I thought for the 'average Joe'...not the so well-to-do w/ money to burn), and interesting interviews with leading personalities in the cigar world and insights, plus feature articles relating to the cigar making industry & noted for its opposition to the Cuban embargo. :thumbsup:

View attachment 994749 Its hard to put into words, but CA seemed to 'morph' to attract a different class of demographic reader (i.e., upward mobile individuals), the articles on sundry's, hotels, food etc...are priced 'wayyyy out of my league'...I think you get my drift.

just-my-2-cents-gif.793284

proxy.php
"[Reading] a [magazine] is a device to ignite the imagination". Alan Bennett

I agree Count. About 2 years ago I counted how many pages were dedicated to information on cigars in an issue. It was stunning how little of the magazine had cigar issue articles. It's worse now.

Top Bottom