What's new

Chubby like handle on a budget...

Is there any budget chubby-like brush handle to buy ?
Can you show me or recommend one?
Thank you!
Perhaps MASETTO has it. Contact Classicshop2012 on Ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-233013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-233013_Chrome.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 19

linty1

My wallet cries.
How budget is budget? Sounds like a job for @Rudy Vey

Another alternative would be to hunt the bst etc for an old/shedding one hopefully to acquire within your budget, then get it reknotted.

I often use the Fine Stout brush (fineaccoutrements.com) with a chubby style resin handle and angel hair synthetic knot (24mm x 50mm). Currently goes for around $30 and the handle comes in several different colors... He sells decent aftershaves and soaps, too. My Rudy Vey chubby handle with a shaveMac badger knot was less 'budget' minded... (At work so no pics right now..)

I often use the Fine Stout brush (fineaccoutrements.com) with a chubby style resin handle and angel hair synthetic knot (24mm x 50mm). Currently goes for around $30 and the handle comes in several different colors... He sells decent aftershaves and soaps, too. My Rudy Vey chubby handle with a shaveMac badger knot was less 'budget' minded... (At work so no pics right now..)
I have angel and it is awesome. I just want the handle so i can use a badger knot.

I have had a mixed experience with my 6 Simpson brushes. There is no question in my mind that a Simpson is more likely to be a shedder than any other manufacturer whose brushes I own. A non-shedding Simpson can be a joy to use. After a year, a shedding Simpson brush is the owner‘s problem.

Rudy Vey is a fine artisan who stands behind his products. One of my LE brushes fell apart literally. The Shavemac knot separated into two pieces and fell out after about 2 years. Rudy saw the picture, determined that the knot was defective. He replaced the knot at no charge and made it abundantly clear to me that some manufacturers stand behind their products while others stand behind their fine print.

You may not get a cheap brush from Rudy, but you will get a quality brush. Your brush will also be designed based on what you like and not how the brush came out.

I have three brushes made by Rudy and when the time comes will likely buy more. I will not buy another Simpson brush. For my money a Rudy Vey brush is superior to a Simpson brush.

thanks...
budget is around 30-40€ approx. 50$ max
Are there any handle-makers based in Europe that you can buy just the handle from? There's plenty of options in the states but I imagine that the shipping will make it tough to stay in budget.

Top Bottom