What's new

Chubby 2 Synthetic Questions

Does the Chubby 2 synth come in both bulb and fan options? The one on the left looks like a bulb, the right one more of a fan. The one on the right looks perfect to me, the left one, not so much.

I don't think you can choose if you order direct and don't specify. I have owned both. The only one I still have is the fan version, almost identical to the one on the right (different handle resin, though). I bought it used.

When the time comes to order a CH3, whenever that is, I am going to ask for a fan knot, if possible. I had one CH2 with a bulb that was way too stiff (50.5 mm loft). I had one with a bulb with a relatively high loft (53.5 mm) that was pretty good. I had one in between that was OK. The fan I currently own has a lower loft than my 53.5 mm bulb, but it's a better knot.

Here's my take on the CH2 synthetic, after having owned a few. If you can get one with a knot like the one on the right (ivory handle), it's a killer brush. Most seem to be shaped like the one on the left. It's a crapshoot with these. It's too bad they aren't all like the knot in the ivory handle. (this is not my pic, btw).

I can't wait for the CH3 synth. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

View attachment 1138394

Mine looks to be somewhere in between the two shown in the picture you posted.

When I got mine I was hesitant to order it from anyone other than The Superior Shave because I wanted to avoid getting one that was too tight and pointy. For anyone that doesn't know, The Superior Shave posts pictures of the actual Simpson brushes that they have in stock and lets you choose. You have to pay a bit extra from their normal price to be able to do that, but to me it's worth the extra cost.

Here's my take on the CH2 synthetic, after having owned a few. If you can get one with a knot like the one on the right (ivory handle), it's a killer brush. Most seem to be shaped like the one on the left. It's a crapshoot with these. It's too bad they aren't all like the knot in the ivory handle. (this is not my pic, btw).

I can't wait for the CH3 synth. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

View attachment 1138394

Great point!! :thumbup:

Just got a Duke 3 synthetic shaped like the one on the left. Not going to bother lathering it. I'm returning it along with the similarly bulb-shaped Duke in Best I was sent.

I had one, tried it for about 6 months on various soaps and creams and just didn’t care for ito so I sold it.

ive been using a Trafalgar lately and it’s quickly earning top spot among my synthetics.

Top Bottom