What's new

Chubby 2 Synthetic knot issue?

If it were natural hair, I'd worry... with a synth knot... meh.
Don't get the reasoning behind that but its all good... No knot should have glue coming up the sides...period... It reeks of poor production!!

I watched the video above again and was curious as to which Simpson brush it was that they were gluing the knots into and then it dawned me that that knot has a plastic ring around the base, (like the ones that Omega uses), of the knot which peaked my curiosity even more and have been searching for a Simpson brush with a knot in it like in the video and have only come to the conclusion that I don't believe those are even Simpson knots at all!! Is this a video from Omega and not Simpson? Can someone verify this?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Don't get the reasoning behind that but its all good... No knot should have glue coming up the sides...period... It reeks of poor production!!

I watched the video above again and was curious as to which Simpson brush it was that they were gluing the knots into and then it dawned me that that knot has a plastic ring around the base, (like the ones that Omega uses), of the knot which peaked my curiosity even more and have been searching for a Simpson brush with a knot in it like in the video and have only come to the conclusion that I don't believe those are even Simpson knots at all!! Is this a video from Omega and not Simpson? Can someone verify this?
I noticed that and assumed it was a brush to accompany one of their 'shaving sets' which include a brush, razor, and stand. Those are the only Simpson brushes I have ever seen with a ring around the base of the knot and I am not even certain they are actually handmade in the same factory as they are so different. I have only ever seen these sets for sale on the Simpson web site. It seems odd that the video should show one of those brushes being produced and not a more well known model.

It's the Simpsons factory. The clip is shown on you tube and is part of around eight short segments showing different areas of production, including forming and tying knots.

Vulfix brushes are made in the same factory, no? I'm sure some of their lower end offerings have rings.

Muzikhead,

My reasoning is that I don't think being glued there is going to damage a synthetic fiber, but I could see it argued that it may damage a natural hair.

It's the Simpsons factory. The clip is shown on you tube and is part of around eight short segments showing different areas of production, including forming and tying knots.
I know its part of an 8 part series and yes, in one or two video's they show putting Simpson stickers on a handle but I never saw anything else in any of the 8 video's that showed it was a Simpson factory along with the fact I couldn't find any Simpson brush that used an insert is what made me question it... I hope that makes sense.

@EclipseRedRing Thanks for the explanation... I've never seen one in person or a pic is why I questioned it...

Vulfix brushes are made in the same factory, no? I'm sure some of their lower end offerings have rings.

Muzikhead,

My reasoning is that I don't think being glued there is going to damage a synthetic fiber, but I could see it argued that it may damage a natural hair.
Whether it damages or doesn't damage the fiber is not the issue I was making, no knot should have the fibers or hairs glued to the side of the handle and besides there should only be glue on the bottom of the knot anyway and having made my own brushes myself, I personally know you only need about 1/3 of the amount of glue they were putting in those handles for it to be set properly...

Top Bottom