What's new

CHUBBY 2 SUPER, BUY IT ON AMAZON OR MEN’S ROOM?

I have had good luck with Amazon for Simpsons but I have only bought inexpensive models like Specials. If the seller has good feedback, I wouldn’t worry.

I also ordered a couple of brushes directly from Simpson’s and I had my brushes in a Canada in less than 2 weeks.

I try to use the original vendor's site as much as possible, almost always if I'm just after a particular brush or razor. Secondarily the shaving goods specific sites like Maggards (love them) and others if I'm trying to consolidate a variety of items. I use Amazon a lot, but it comes with its own risks and annoyances.

Bought that same brush off amazon, 5 months later its still shedding. Asked the seller about it and they said its normal up to a year lol. Thinking about hitting up Simpsons directly before the warranty lapses. Still a great brush but the shedding annoys me.

i bought from "esource" on amazon and got an incredible deal. I believe the brush to be genuine and a lot less than full price.

Unless you can get it directly from Amazon or a reputable third party vendor on the site, I would go directly from the source or a reputable shaving vendor regardless of price.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
West Coast Shaving and Alrossa both sell through Amazon, particularly Alrossa. They are reputable and their prices are excellent, overall. I've bought several Simpsons through Alrossa over the years. No problem. I've bought from WCS as well, but through their own site. They are outstanding, and if you can be patient their sale prices are worth the wait. I have bought several LE, Manchurian, and SiLVERTiP brushes direct from Simpson, as they're only available that way. I bought a couple this year, in part because I'm crazy, but also to support a small business that pays a living wage to its workers. Pay the people who hand tie your knots pennies a day, and you can sell your 'high density knots' for $22. When I buy a brush from Simpsons I'm keeping an old proud tradition alive in an island economy struggling to do the right thing by its workers in a pandemic and economic crisis.

FWIW dealing with high end artisans like Simpsons and waiting for shipping direct from them is something that always adds some excitement to the process.

Top Bottom