What's new

Chubby 2 broke

Dropped my Chubby 2. Broke into 3 pieces. Is it repairable? Or get a new handle?
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg

I'd just use superglue and try to be careful to keep it towards the outer edge of the handle. You can sand it off the outside with high grit sandpaper, but you can't undo any damage it might do to the knot if it soaks into the hairs.

If the knot is loose, you might even want to remove it, repair the handle and then remount it.

I'd just use superglue and try to be careful to keep it towards the outer edge of the handle. You can sand it off the outside with high grit sandpaper, but you can't undo any damage it might do to the knot if it soaks into the hairs.

If the knot is loose, you might even want to remove it, repair the handle and then remount it.

That last sentence is what I'd try. If you like the knot, don't take a chance on ruining it. Save the knot even if it means sacrificing the remains of the handle. After that, if you can save the handle, great, remount it afterwards.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Never really appreciated how deeply Simpson seats the knot in their brushes; sorry your brush had to break for me to find out. Since it’s a Simpson, I would probably follow the recommendation to remove the knot before attempting to fix the handle, just in case.

Try to get the knot out cleanly and put in a fresh handle. I wouldn't try to glue that many pieces back together, but that's just me. Sorry for your loss :(

4 pieces is too many? Heck, if you don’t want to glue it back together, send it my way. I’ll pay a few bucks shipping for a chubby 2 handle with a few cracks.

Top Bottom