What's new

Chubby 1 vs Duke 3

I like them both about the same. I face lather FWIW. Both excellent performers.
20191113_190939.jpg
20191113_191004.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chubby on the right and tulip on the left in bot pictures. I thought rather than try to describe the size difference, I would just post pictures =)

Beautiful Simpson brushes @Jut ! Do Simpsons ever go on sale? Would it be worth waiting until like Black Friday? (perfect excuse to mull it over a little longer and maybe buy both!😄)

I could see the Tulip being the one that fits better in the hand, but eventually I would like to try the Chubby too!

Need a brush habit?

I've found buying used there are some incredible prices. . . .

I've had luck buying them at reasonable prices on Amazon.

Same here:- I bought a Simpson PJ2 in best, RRP £97 - paid £50 via Amazon UK, brand new & on eBay brand new a Simpson S1 in best for £19, RRP £30 (the S1 for traveling)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here:- I bought a Simpson PJ2 in best, RRP £97 - paid £50 via Amazon UK, brand new & on eBay brand new a Simpson S1 in best for £19, RRP £30 (the S1 for traveling)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the tulip 2 for $95 shipped.

Thank you @BigJ, @bigbrucefan, @Jut and everyone else who was so helpful in providing advice for my next Simpson brush.

Update: In the end I really couldn’t decide which brush I wanted more, the Simpson Chubby 1 in super or the Tulip 2 in super, so I wound up buying both on Amazon (and saving some money too)! I may end up keeping them both, or I may sell one eventually. Thank you everyone!

Thank you @BigJ, @bigbrucefan, @Jut and everyone else who was so helpful in providing advice for my next Simpson brush.

Update: In the end I really couldn’t decide which brush I wanted more, the Simpson Chubby 1 in super or the Tulip 2 in super, so I wound up buying both on Amazon (and saving some money too)! I may end up keeping them both, or I may sell one eventually. Thank you everyone!
A true B&Ber!! I hope you enjoy your brushes Sir.

Great move! Two excellent brushes that both have their own merits!! :a14: :a14: :a14: :a14: :a14:

Although the Chubby Super is soft, I prefer the Duke 3 and Chubby 1 in best badger. The best has Zero Scritch for mr, the super lacks backbone. Ymmv

Top Bottom