What's new

Christy razor question

Ok so the question is can a blade be modified to make an old christy razor shavable? Got to reading and since they are from Ohio my interest is peaked on this.

I researched this a while back, and found, so far, that Christy blades are proprietary blades. I believe the Enders blades might work, it might need to be modified. But, both have been out of production for many many years.
I ended up buying another Christy razor, just for the blades, 15 or so NOS. I also obtained some through a lot sale.
The blades show up on eBay quite often. Just look up under "Vintage Christy Razor" or "Vintage razor blade lot". Good luck. Let us know if you find any. They are a simple and elegant looking razor.

Ive seen plenty of razors I have yet to buy one because i want to use them not look at them lol.

So, whats 5 years to revisit info for a 95 year old razor?
2 Christy's delivered today, one with the 'massage bar'. Both in nice condition.

I'd read of people using injector blades, and I already have a gaggle of Eversharps and a J1, but my interest was in fitting a snapped DE blade. Others complain about DE blade ends protruding from their razors, so they trim the blades, instead of maintaining awareness of the orientation of their razor heads.
It's simple to trim a snapped blade to fit the Christy - just now trimmed up one for trial tomorrow morning. It secures nicely.
Christy with BIC Platinum.jpg

The hand-fit BIC blade went well. Smooth shave & no nicks or irritation. More work to find and maintain proper shave angle - there's a reason it has a long handle. I needed to hold near the end of the handle to get proper shave angle. Not my every day razor, but I'll definitely use it again and plan to even fit a regular Chick injector blade in the future.

Top Bottom