What's new

Christmassy soaps/creams

Looking to pick one up for the festive season. Which ones do you recommend please?

I have had Stirling Christmas Eve previously. I was considering whether Almond TOBs would work having never tried it before.

Stirling does a few other x-mas seasonals- Candy cane and Frankincense and myrrh, but honestly I wouldn't exactly consider them Christmassy to be honest. Worth checking out samples though perhaps.

Christmas Eve scent reminds me of going to Fountains of Wayne as a kid in NJ (you know, the place the band who wrote Stacy's Mom named themselves after) to see their xmas exhibit. Miss that place.

From what I hear, TOBS has a wonderful Peppermint scent if they still make it.

Looking to pick one up for the festive season. Which ones do you recommend please?

I have had Stirling Christmas Eve previously. I was considering whether Almond TOBs would work having never tried it before.

Most artisans come up with seasonal/ Christmas scents around this time of year, so it will also depend on which soap bases you like, and how much you’re willing to pay, of course.

Stirling Christmas Eve is certainly a nice one IMO. The other one I have tried (and would recommend) is Barrister and Mann’s Vespers, which, according to their schedule, will be released on November 15th, alongside a new seasonal scent which sounds interesting, Smoking Bishop (Wine, Orange, Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Tobacco).

Reading this, I thought of D.R. Harris Marlborough shaving soap with its warm cedar and sandalwood tones.

Fits the festive season, where one tends to spend some more money than usual, without being too obvious (avoids typical Christmas scents), and the scent tallies wonderfully with the cold season.

B.

Stirling’s Ozark mountain reminds me of Christmas time. Their coniferous might be another good one but I haven’t tried that one myself yet

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The Old Hippie Peppermint Trip batch is still hanging in. Conceptually it's now moved on from being a summer cooler to being a winter seasonal minty treat. :)

Hmmm. Allspice, clove, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, apples, figs, dates, almonds and pecans would be a nice scent. Well...it's a nice scent when I make fruitcake, which is now. Dunno how that would be in a soap; might end up being named "Dog's Breakfast."

O.H.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Arko??
Again???

Saint Nicholas and Evyap’s iconic soap are both from what’s now Türkiye, so, yes.

Also, Nordic Shaving Soap (from Finland, land of Santa’s residence in Rovaniemi) has a “Menthol and Pine” that might work.

If thinking more about eponymous reason for the season, there’s Gada Shaving Cream (in “Gentle Brown,” “Green Mint,” and “Marine Breeze”) made not too far from Galilee.

You’re fantasizing about what’s on the gravestones of other people and act as though you believe your opinions about this particular holiday are valid. Interesting…

ARKO’ya güvenin, my friend!

You’re fantasizing about what’s on the gravestones of other people and act as though you believe your opinions about this particular holiday are valid. Interesting…

Phantasizing?
Not really.
Rather, I try to make suggestions on how to expand their preference for people to whom Arko is the be-all and end-all shaving stick. :001_cool:

Believe my opinions about a particular holiday are valid?
Of course I do - about as much as anyone should believe his or her opinions are valid.
Would be sad to believe one’s opinions are invalid, wouldn’t it? :confused1

B.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

@Curkio Good to see you! :thumbup1:

I am really excited to find out what Christmas scents you are going to be getting, I sure hope that you will post pictures, I love pictures. 😁 I am a major Stirling soaps fan, can't get enough of it, I buy soaps every month, to get more of it. When I found out that Stirling had a minty Christmas Eve scent, all I could think was, ohhhhhh how marvelous! 😍

I am not exactly sure when they release their Christmas product line, but when they do, their gonna find me making an order from them again hehe. One of the things about Stirling, is you can always guarantee that their soap quality will be great. Unlike some, (Talking about you Tabac!) Stirling still uses tallow, and that IMHO, makes all the difference in the world. :thumbup:

How about PAA soap "I Gingerbread Man"
9063CFEC-EDB6-41BE-B4A2-848D352D9DC4_1_201_a.jpeg

Arko??
Again??? :yawn:

In your last will make sure to mention that you want some Arko sticks tossed into your coffin before they lower it into the ground.

Just in case…. :pipe:

You might also request an epitaph on your tombstone “Here lies a man who thought that Arko fitted every occasion”. :001_cool:

B.
Well played, friend!

Top Bottom