What's new

Christmas Shaving Cream

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a Christmas/Festive scented shaving cream? Bearing in mind I’m in the UK so may not be able to access the more niche brands so easily!

Look forward to your suggestions!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If you can find it (it’s been discontinued), I Coloniali Rhubarb. Same scent as the Mango Oil soap, incense, frakincense, touch of vanilla...

Floris 89 and/or Floris Elite

AdP Colonia v3 is good any time.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a Christmas/Festive scented shaving cream? Bearing in mind I’m in the UK so may not be able to access the more niche brands so easily!

Look forward to your suggestions!

Not a cream, a soap, but I find Stirling Christmas Eve to be the best festive scent. And a great soap base, for a reasonable price per oz.
Available in the UK via shavingtime.co.uk.
It’s a seasonal release, so they’ll probably receive it from Stirling in the US later on this month.

Vespers by Barrister and Mann is another good one, also great soap base. More expensive.
Available in UK via slickboys.co.uk when B&M will release it, again I expect towards end of November or beginning of December.

Or you could purchase either/ both from maggardrazors.com in US.
It will probably end up costing you the same, or even cheaper, even including shipping to UK, but you’ll obviously have to wait 2-3 weeks for the package to arrive.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed peppermint creams for a holiday spin.
Art of Shaving here in US, but TOBS has their own.
Worth a try!

art of shaving peppermint merkur feather myrsol k december 24 2018.jpg

my favorite Christmas soap/cream is Cella. To me, the scent is pure Christmas. I think cookies in the oven every time I open the cap. Plus it works so well.

My favorite is Krampus by Dr. Jon.
Made with honey, myrrh, cider, berries, anise, and fear.
Dunno if you can get it in the UK, but if you can find it on Maggards (if it's not sold out) you should be able to get it shipped.

I'm too late as you already chose a great soap. For next Christmas, or for anybody interested in the same matter.
Not a cream, rather a soft soap, almost a croap.

proxy.php

Two tubs at around $16 for a total of 6.8 oz of Italian goodness (tallow+coconut oil base).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements comes out with several every year. My favorite is Space Nog...Atomic Age Bay Rum mixed with the scent of eggnog. Absolutely brilliant!

Space Nog 2.jpg

So my Christmas Eve has arrived. In the pot, it’s quite a strong mix. However, I made a test lather after my shave today and it smells lovely. Just like Christmas.

It’s a bit tougher to lather compared to my Castle Forbes. No fault of Stirling, just a harder soap than I’m used to.

Think I’ll use a slightly damper brush in order to get more product onto it. Perhaps I’ll add a few drops of water to it before jumping in the shower to soften it slightly.

Looking forward to December so I can start using it! As it’s not Christmas yet!

Reactions: DSR
Top Bottom