What's new

Christmas pipes

Who all released a Christmas pipe this year? I see Peterson and Savinelli but haven't seen any others. Peterson seems to have mostly sold off quickly 😳. Been wanting to get a Christmas pipe for some time but have never pulled the trigger. Was hoping to grab a Peterson but the Savinelli st. Nick are nice as well. They seem a bit more seasonal looking as well.

Opinions on this years Christmas pipes? Should I hunt one down or wait until next year haha? Also if you have one from any year post up a pic!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
While many do POTY models, those are the big two among the factory makers for novelty/holiday models.

More upscale, American Smoking Pipe had some nice Tinsky-made Christmas models, don’t know if still available:

Other artesan makers may offer Christmas models, but you’ll have to reach out to each of them, and it’s probably hit or miss.

Dunhill used to offer Christmas pipes, not sure if they still do. And not priced for Jim Cratchit. For that kind of money, my ‘Christmas pipe’ would be a Vauen Tradition. And probably a burial pipe, too, if I ever noticed the price tag on one.

Until then, I’ll just hang a ball on one of my Grabows.

While many do POTY models, those are the big two among the factory makers for novelty/holiday models.

More upscale, American Smoking Pipe had some nice Tinsky-made Christmas models, don’t know if still available:

Other artesan makers may offer Christmas models, but you’ll have to reach out to each of them, and it’s probably hit or miss.

Dunhill used to offer Christmas pipes, not sure if they still do. And not priced for Jim Cratchit. For that kind of money, my ‘Christmas pipe’ would be a Vauen Tradition. And probably a burial pipe, too, if I ever noticed the price tag on one.

Until then, I’ll just hang a ball on one of my Grabows.

Dunhill continues to offer Christmas pipes but expect to part with the brass to get one. $$$$.

Never owned a Christmas pipe but did have a special Dunhill Quaint I used for the purpose. The pipe went off in the post today for potential sale. Didn't get enough use to justify keeping it.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It’s a bit early for most of the Christmas pipes. Tinsky recently posted he has one in the works for this year, so watch for that. Some years Trever Talbert has done one. Caminetto often does one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm perhaps I can have a custom maker build a one off that is somewhat festive. Kinda a personalized Christmas pipe.

I imagine commissioning a pipe could be a lot of fun. If you’ve got the time and the dough, go for it.
I've only had two commissioned but both were easy on the wallet. Might check with the same maker and see how much his pricing has changed haha.

I've only had two commissioned but both were easy on the wallet. Might check with the same maker and see how much his pricing has changed haha.
If you're talking about GMPT- not sure on his pricing increases but he got busy. Lots of posts on Instagram. Some real lookers too. He has definitely gotten better with blasts and lines. I wouldn't mind a long shanked billiard from him one day.

If you're talking about GMPT- not sure on his pricing increases but he got busy. Lots of posts on Instagram. Some real lookers too. He has definitely gotten better with blasts and lines. I wouldn't mind a long shanked billiard from him one day.
Yep thats who I was thinking. He really has gotten better. Really like the looks of the blasts he has been doing. The chunkier blast shapes have been catching my eye lately. Might have to check with him and see where his pricing is at currently. Have thought about making my own pipe. Don't think I could make anything worth having right off though lol.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I saw Chacom came out with a very red Christmas pipe this year.
1632860395266.png

None of Halloween pipes appealed to me so looking ahead to the POTY.
I am not super impressed by the peterson Halloween pipes. Their christmas ones look nice but not really festive lol. I like the savinelli st nick looks but I've been on a peterson kick lately haha. Unfortunately I didn't sign up for the POTY. I don't really need another pipe I guess so I can be picky and patient haha. Even though patients isn't really my strongest quality.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I am not super impressed by the peterson Halloween pipes. Their christmas ones look nice but not really festive lol. I like the savinelli st nick looks but I've been on a peterson kick lately haha. Unfortunately I didn't sign up for the POTY. I don't really need another pipe I guess so I can be picky and patient haha. Even though patients isn't really my strongest quality.

Ah, I meant the Peterson POTY :).

Top Bottom