What's new

Christmas PIF

I'm in. Old school Nintendo game boy!!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418701781.872746.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in...wife let me upgrade my sportster to a street glide back in 09. Was hard not ridding till summer that year.

I'm in! Christmas 2003. Pearl Export drum kit. My Dad played drums but his kit was super valuable and sentimental, so I needed my own if I was ever going to learn. I blasted on that kit every day after school.

2 years later:
$100_1017.jpg

Not in. Thanks to a fellow Tar Heel for a great PIF. My favorite present? Anything from my wife of 25 years. The best may have been a trip to Puerto Rico for our 5th Anniversary (a few months before our first son was born).

Getting a calculator in college. Not the calculator itself, but getting it:

Just before finals my parents asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I usually told them they didn't need to get me anything, but I mentioned that my calculator had been stolen earlier that semester, and so a replacement would be a big help. They were surprised and shocked that I had been getting along as a math major borrowing from friends (and counting on my fingers), so they asked what model and my father promised he would get it to me quickly.

I figured he would send it UPS--FedEx existed back then, but not something po'folk like us used. My father was famous for mailing goofy care packages... Well, he called me one morning saying he'd drop it off to me. It was a 3 hour drive to my school, and I planned to take him to lunch, show him around campus, and let him relax before driving back. I saw him drive up to my residence hall so I ran down to meet him. He got out of the car, handed me a care "basket"--including the calculator--and told me he couldn't stay: he had just enough time to drive back to pick my mother up from work. He drove down 3 hours, stayed 45 seconds, then drove back 3 hours just to personally drop my Christmas present so I could use it for finals...

It was 30 years ago. I still have that calculator....

I'm in...

I'm in! Growing up, Super Nintendo was a big deal. In my adult life, my espresso machine + grinder setup (although my safety razor set was a Christmas gift and did get me started here)

I'm in and thanks for the chance. My favorite Christmas gift keeps evolving - we have had our kids shop with their own money since they have understood the concept - I enjoy seeing the different things they pick out for me and my wife as they age. Naturally, these started out as the very cheesy or bizarre when they were very little (no less appreciated though!) and have become nicer overtime as they mature and pick up on the tastes of those they interact with. Appreciating the development of your children is the greatest gift any parent can receive!

Count me in!

The first year we were married my wife saved her money and bought me a Ruger Mark II.

I still treasure that gun, because it represented so much sacrifice on her part.

Nice PIF. I'm not in but my best Christmas was '70. Just returned from Vietnam had great time with family. I can't remember any gifts but it was absolutely GREAT. I did eat a lot though. (I'm 6'7" and when I came home only weighed 162 pounds. Normal weight was about 200-210)

Not in but a tiny little bit of my heart falls off and withers like a dying springtime flower whenever I see the words "CONUS only" in a PIF context. :bored:

My favorite gift as a kid was a commodore 64.

I'd love to get a Commodore 64 for my 22nd birthday or a Christmas, I'd probably end up hanging it on the wall in some fashion after a Spectrum 48k since they were the order my dad got his.

I'd take it down and use it like once or twice a year too, I might even rig it up to be used as a text creator with an old printer as well because that would be pretty cool.

I'm in.
Huffy bike. Black with gold trim.
I thought i was cool as s**t on that bike.

thanks.

And I'm really enjoying reading everyone else's post in this thread. Very nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom