What's new

Christmas PIF - Two Newbie Blade Samplers

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hello. I am in

I have been using a shaper for lining my beard for a few years now but haven't fully jumped into DE shaving until now. Just purchased a classic Merkur and green proraso cream but still looking for a good quality entry level brush at the moment and some good blades.
Not sure how much you want to spend on a brush, but it is hard to beat a synthetic Razorock Bruce for $8.99 at Italian Barber, or an Omega 10066 boar for $9.75 at Maggard's. Blades are YMMV, but I recomend Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette Platinum.
You already have the start of a great kit with the Merkur and Proraso!

Not sure how much you want to spend on a brush, but it is hard to beat a synthetic Razorock Bruce for $8.99 at Italian Barber, or an Omega 10066 boar for $9.75 at Maggard's. Blades are YMMV, but I recomend Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette Platinum.
You already have the start of a great kit with the Merkur and Proraso!
Hey thanks for the response. All of these brush options can get overwhelming for me. I notie you mentioned a boar brush but I was under the impression that they were more ideal for soaps than creams (due to their scrichier profile). I have heard good things about the Razorock Bruce and it's available on Amazon which it makes it more convenient for Prime shipping. I have seen some reccomendations for the Sterling Soap Co. "Finest" 24mm badger that costs about $38. I am debating between these two but I will have to wait a while longer for the Sterling to ship if I chose it.

Attachments

• 1577035919459.png
    1577035919459.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 8

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
All of these brush options can get overwhelming for me. I notie you mentioned a boar brush but I was under the impression that they were more ideal for soaps than creams (due to their scrichier profile).
Hi Mark, and Welcome to B&B!
The best place to get advice on brushes is the Shaving Brush Forum, but I would say that any brush that is ideal for soaps will also be fine with creams. A Cremo horse hair brush that Target sells for $11.00 is another good choice.

Winners selected by random.org are:
@RichL
@texh

I will be in touch via private message for details on getting the blades to you.

Thanks everybody. This PIF is now closed.

Top Bottom