What's new

Christmas kitchen gifts

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Back when Granny died some 30 years ago I inherited her 10" cast iron skillet. I use it practically every other day. But I don't remember how I inherited it. The last time I was at dads house I cooked for him and asked, "where's your cast iron skillet?" He said, "you've got it." I said, " you mean Grannies old skillet?" See how this is going? So, I ordered a 10" Lodge for Dad for Christmas. I plan to fry him some bacon and taters the same day.

What kitchen gift do you plan to give or get?

Back when Granny died some 30 years ago I inherited her 10" cast iron skillet. I use it practically every other day. But I don't remember how I inherited it. The last time I was at dads house I cooked for him and asked, "where's your cast iron skillet?" He said, "you've got it." I said, " you mean Grannies old skillet?" See how this is going? So, I ordered a 10" Lodge for Dad for Christmas. I plan to fry him some bacon and taters the same day.

What kitchen gift do you plan to give or get?
Nice. The cast iron skillets are incredible.

My wife always enjoys getting kitchen gifts. I am giving her a waffle iron and some of the special pearl sugar used in Belgian waffles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to have music to be productive so i'm hoping for a couple jazz box sets to work with, also necessary part of any good meal. Love compilations so... 100 Best Jazz Tunes of the 50's, 8cd's, then 75 Best Jazz Tracks of the Early 60's, 6cd's. Should keep me working for a bit.

Last number of years we've been hitting a seemingly deserted big box book store the afternoon before Christmas and we always come home from that trip with a few cookbooks to explore in the coming months, this year should be no different, it's our Christmas.

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been laying down some strong hints about a wi-fi thermometer--something I hardly need but would be fun.

Mrs. TL loves her Christmas themed dishtowels, but they are starting to show their age (some far beyond "starting to"), so she is going to get a bunch of new ones very soon.

Santa is bringing me an air popcorn popper and a fondue set.

I will definitely be fat and happy by Christmas evening.

Not this year, but in the past I have often gifted kitchen knives.

On the low end the Kiwi brand knives are awesome. Ultra thin, easy to sharpen. The Wok Shop or maybe your local Chinese store carries em.

In the weeks before Christmas, I invariably buy myself some kitchen gadgets while I'm shopping for others. This year I bought a sous vide circulator and accessories and a digital rice cooker.

I ordered a new blender for my wife. Lately she has been making smoothies and our current blender is a turd. It leaks, smells like an electrical fire waiting to happen, and every 5 seconds the lid needs to be popped off to push the ingredients back down. I stumbled upon Vitamix. While rater expensive, the quality and warranty really stood out to me, and its made here in the USA.

Last edited:
I ordered a new blender for my wife. Lately she has been making smoothies and our current blender is a turd. It leaks, smells like an electrical fire waiting to happen, and every 5 seconds the lid needs to be popped off to push the ingredients back down. I stumbled upon Vitamix. While rater expensive, the quality and warranty really stood out to me, and its made here in the USA.
They are fantastic, i make our smoothies, and do a quick spin to the spinach or kale and throw strawberries in and turn to smoothie and let it run until it stops.
you will never find a seed in the smoothie.

As long as I can remember Mom had a hodgepodge collection of kitchen tools (whisks, spatulas, tongs, etc.) some that still worked ok, but most had loose rivets, bent handles (probably something stupid I did as a kid) so a couple years ago I put together a collection of OXO Good Grips utensils.

Top Bottom