What's new

Christmas/Holiday Soap and A/S Recommendations

Hello!

Please recommend me any and all currently available or forthcoming limited/seasonal soap and aftershave (preferably paired) scents, along with your opinions and preferences as applicable. I am NOT looking for "Christmas tree/pine"-type scents that are available year round, but Christmas Tree themed soaps (The Blades Grim's Royal Tannenbaum comes to mind) are fine!

I have tried and enjoyed WCS' Glogg (Mulled Wine) and Black Ship Grooming's Wassail aftershave.

Last edited:
My favorite holiday scent is Stirling Christmas Tree. It simply smells amazing.

Edit: However, that is very much a pine forest scent, so it probably isn't what you are looking for.

My favorite holiday scent is Stirling Christmas Tree. It simply smells amazing.

Edit: However, that is very much a pine forest scent, so it probably isn't what you are looking for.
Nope, that's perfect. Christmas theme and seasonal availability (from what I can tell) = perfect.

To clarify, what I don't want is "Stirling Scot's Pine Sheep, because it smells like a Christmas tree to me."

That's really a recommendation for pine.

One of my favourite things during the holidays is enjoying a glass (or many) of eggnog so my favourite is PAA’s Space Nog, usually available in everything imaginable around Black Friday. It’s his famous Atomic Age Bay Rum mixed with eggnog 🤤 so you get a spiced eggnog type scent that doesn’t come off as gourmand. Did I mention it’s my favourite scent I’ve ever tried.

A very popular winter holiday themed set is returning this winter, Barrister and Mann Vesper. It’s only available every few years and is very popular. I tried a sample of it and enjoyed it, but found it was more of a winter type scent and didn’t scream Christmas to me (it may to others though).

The only other Christmas themed ones I’ve tried are PAA Cane which smelled like a candy cane and PAA Cosmic Christmas Cookies which smelled like a sugar cookie candle. Both smell nice but personally I wouldn’t want to smell like either all day.

linty1

My wallet cries.
There was a thread on "egg nog" soap a while back (like 2008) that sounded really interesting, I would buy that.

Does that have clove/cinnamon smells? Or just straight cider?
Pomona is supposed to be apple, honey, red wine, spice, honeysuckle but I get apple cider with some honey and a bit of potpourri spice but without much (or really any) clove or cinnamon.

I hate clove (and therefore most Bay Rums) and I love Pomona.

ingredients below….

Water, stearic acid, shea butter, castor oil, potassium hydroxide, glycerine, coconut oil, sodium lactate, sodium hydroxide, jojoba oil, aloe powder, liquid aloe, isopropyl myristate, kaolin clay, fragrance

linty1

My wallet cries.
Pomona is supposed to be apple, honey, red wine, spice, honeysuckle but I get apple cider with some honey and a bit of potpourri spice but without much (or really any) clove or cinnamon.

I hate clove (and therefore most Bay Rums) and I love Pomona.

ingredients below….

Water, stearic acid, shea butter, castor oil, potassium hydroxide, glycerine, coconut oil, sodium lactate, sodium hydroxide, jojoba oil, aloe powder, liquid aloe, isopropyl myristate, kaolin clay, fragrance

Thank you for that, and yes, same on the clove.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
ARKO! and Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite. Makes every day a visit from jolly Sinterklaas himself.

I really like Stirling Christmas Eve. It's really been the only Christmas seasonal soap I've used. I burned through half the tub last year and will probably burn through the rest this year.
That is it. I was working by memory. Christmas Eve, not Christmas tree, as I posted earlier.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
B&M Vespers, of course, but do add Dr. Jon's Krampus.

proxy.php

You want this.

AA

Yes, that's what I was trying to say I was glad to get recommendations for. I saw your list in the other thread, and it is impressive.

Top Bottom