What's new

Christmas Gifts (shave cream+boar brush) < $50

I've introduced my brother to wet shaving before - when we travel together he always checks out what shave cream I've brought along, and once or twice he's nicked my lather mid shave. He's a fan but hasn't bought any traditional products - yet.

I'm hoping to change that this Christmas! :thumbup:

I was thinking giving him a decent cream + a brush (most likely boar cause I can't afford more than about $20-30 for the brush).

I know zip about boar brushes but was wondering, of the men-u, Vulfix and Omega boar offerings, what would you pick for someone as their first brush? If there are any other brands readily available suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
Nick.

Legion

Staff member
My first badger brush came from Big W, and was only about $20. It was hardly a top of the line Plisson, but I would rather use that than a boar of the same cost.

Just my opinion.

Just a thought, you can get a silver tip badger over at whipped dog, i believe a 24mm with handle is $30. He also sells boar brushes.

I also have an omega, great brush in its price range.

Omega boar brushes definitely for the win. Affordable, super comfortable and great lather. Can't go wrong really, true Italian Barbers use these, and although they are not as 'luxurious', they are a fantastic brush.

I'd recommend getting a L'occittaine plisson synthetic for $30. Awesome brush. A good soap should be easy to find for $20. RR, Stirling, etc.

I'd recommend getting a L'occittaine plisson synthetic for $30. Awesome brush. A good soap should be easy to find for $20. RR, Stirling, etc.

These brushes sell for $100 in Australia. L'Occitaine U.S. will not sell to Australian customers. That leaves no change out of $50 I'm afraid.

Top Bottom