What's new

Christmas Eve/Christmas Day shave?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Tomorrow morning will be Captain's Choice Sandalwood soap and Barrister and Mann Bay Rum splash. Christmas Day will be Space Nog soap and Bootlegger's Bay Rum splash. Both days will be the Karve razors, open comb and safety bar.

In the end, I didn't use La Toja at all. My choice was Tabac from the stick as a pre-shave after the shower, then Trumper's Almond Cream. Good, very close shave, as usual with my slant razors.

Tomorrow? It's not a regular shave day. Doesn't mean I won't break my own rule, of course. If I do, then I'll skip Saturday and get back in the rhythm (4 shaves a week) on Sunday.

Christmas Eve's Shave.

Thursd shave 1.jpg

I'll be having my Christmas Eve shave in a while. I'm leaning towards using holiday green for some pieces of my kit: the terrific Omega Jade boar along with the best soap in my den, Ethos Greenfresh. The rest of my shave will consist of my WR1 .74 with a Schick Plus Platinum blade. Finish it off with some Ethos Unscented Skin Food splash & I should be in quite the holiday mood!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
A festive Christmas Eve shave with Cella this morning, it smells just right. Broke out the synthetic Black and White to add a little class. Dovo Stainless is a preferred razor having sentimental value. I’ll see what strikes me tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

I oughtn't have shaved today. My face is so smooth that I think the fresh Wilkinson blade I'll take to it tomorrow won't have much to bite. Today was the fifth shave with an Astra SP, and I think I threw that one away prematurely. Two passes yielded a BBS result. Anyway, the Christmas-morn shave will be in my usual routine: Clinique face soap, Proraso Red pre-shave cream, Mitchell's Wool Fat soap lathered with a WCS Silvertip brush, and the Wilkinson Sword blade clamped into my Rockwell 6S black with R3 plate. I'll finish with Clinique Post-Shave Soother and possibly another course of Red in the event of any lingering irritation.

I'll be having my Christmas Eve shave in a while. I'm leaning towards using holiday green for some pieces of my kit: the terrific Omega Jade boar along with the best soap in my den, Ethos Greenfresh. The rest of my shave will consist of my WR1 .74 with a Schick Plus Platinum blade. Finish it off with some Ethos Unscented Skin Food splash & I should be in quite the holiday mood!
My Christmas Eve shave is in the books.
IMG_4153.jpg

Nothing special.

1608850604082.png

1. Beard: trimmed and shaped!
2. Head: Mach 3 Turbo + Start cart / Denim Original / No Brush
3. Face: Baili TTO + Feather Hi-Stainless / Denim Original / No Brush
4. Detail work: Kai Captain + Univinlions / American Crew Precision Gel

First shave with the Baili. I was expecting a milder razor; while it achieved BBS, it left behind some irritation on my neck: not as good a match for a Feather as I was hoping, will have to try a different blade.

Despite good performance, I'm only using the Denim cream because I want to finish the tube.

Some Proraso White for a mild scent that doesn't kill me if I put a mask on and hopefully fends off some of the irritation.

Top Bottom