What's new

Christmas Contest - three winners!

1511187490_shutterstock_149051369.jpg

Answer this question: Tell us a memorable Christmas you were a part of.

There will be three winners chosen and each will be able to shop at the Captain's Choice store.

First winner gets $50.00 to spend.
Second winner gets $40.00 to spend.
Third winner gets $30.00 to spend.

The winners will be selected randomly by random.org.

This is CONUS only please due to shipping expense. The contest begins now and will only go for a few days. This ensures we can get the prizes to the three winners.

Good luck and a Merry Christmas to each of you!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic and generous
hearing the kids scream that santa came is always special and memorable.

So far the coolest was when I took the kids to buy gifts for less fortunate children. I proposed they give half of whatever their Christmas was going to be. They happily agreed. It made me feel proud of them. The year happened to be good for me so I was able to let them give and also able to really load them up with gifts they didn't expect.

Thank you Captain! Super generous PIF!

I remember fondly the Christmas' of my childhood. But more meaningful now are the memories made each Christmas with my own family & young kids, especially since we strongly emphasize Christ as the central reason to celebrate heaven's chiefest gift to mankind!

Thank you Captain for another generous contest.

A couple of years back when I started a new job, the office was organizing a Secret Santa thing and I explained to them that I didn't feel like participating because I saw it as a distraction and I was Buddhist. They asked me what I would suggest, and I suggested that we bring in stuff to donate to some organization. One person suggested Ronald McDonald House because she remembered someone from an outer island using the place when their child was hospitalized. I started off by donating a 20 lb bag of rice (remember this is in HI), and soon others followed up with more things and later, other offices brought stuff in. When it came time to deliver it, the folks there offered us a tour of the house and gave us the whole story of what they do and how it came about.

So that is my "How the Buddhist Stole Christmas" story.

BTW, Dec 8 is the Buddhist Rohatsu - the day of Buddha's enlightenment. Seems fitting to find myself in company with many enlightened folks.

That's a generous offer, Captain, thanks!

One of my most memorable Christmases came a few years ago when my two youngest children, then teenagers, and my wife and I were privileged to serve another. An elderly woman leaving her friend's home had fallen and broken her hip. While in recovery, thieves broke into her humble home and literally stole everything - not just appliances and possessions, but windows and all, leaving basically a roof and four walls. So, her friend started a campaign to make her home liveable again.

On Christmas Eve, my wife and two kids and I gathered some things from our home, bought more, and then drove over to the friend's home to deliver them. We had a very nice conversation with both elderly women and learned other ways we were able to help out in the following months. The most special part? After leaving, and while walking back to our car, my 15 year old daughter slipped her hand into mine and said, "Thanks for the best Christmas ever, Dad."

I don't believe I will ever forget that moment.

Greg

My most memorable is probably 2006. It started with my proposal to my now wife. She is a Christmas freak, so I decided to pop the question on Christmas Eve. The problem was she started snooping around the tree the night before because she didn't see a present for her under there. I had actually tied the ring box up under the tree so that it was hidden, but there. She was starting to get a little upset thinking that I hadn't taken the time to get her a present, so a day before my original plan, I got down on one knee, reached under the tree, and pulled out the ring box.

On Christmas Eve, she gave me tickets to a Philadelphia Eagles game on New Year's Eve in Philadelphia. I'm an Arizona native, but I've been an Eagles fan since I was about 5. I had seen a couple of Eagles games in AZ in Sun Devil stadium, but it was on my bucket list to go see a game in Philadelphia. That was the last game of the year. We were in Philadelphia to witness the Eagles win the division. They played the Falcons and knocked Vick out of the game in the third quarter. That was the last game he played before going to jail.

Thanks @Captain Pre-Capsize!

I must say that there have been many Christmases, but none really stand out to me, they’ve all been special in their own way - spending Christmas Eve as a child in a high vaulted church at midnight mass, incense in the air and carols filling the ears as I lay looking up and half dozing in the pews; visits occasionally to Washington, where my grandparents used to live, getting a white Christmas and time with family I hadn’t been able to see all year; even now, with my own family, taking the kids to see both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on as we begin building our own traditions. We really have so much to be thankful for as we reflect during this time of year, when it comes to life and the matters of our faith.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks, Captain. Very generous of you. My favorite Christmas.....hmmm. I believe its each new Christmas I get to spend with my family. Christmas had its ups and downs as a kid and I am thankful to be able to provide enough love and gifts so each of their Christmases are special ones. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of us.

Kind regards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1979. Tough year, financially, personally, professionally. Everything went to heck. Some problems were self inflicted, of course. Determined to chart a new course, i returned to school. My roommate at the time was a fine fellow, bit of a professional grad student.

I was broke, but bought a Christmas tree that December. We decorated it with popcorn and ribbons. It remains, in my mind, the most lovely and beautiful tree ever.

Mac

Very generous, not in as not Conus, but love the holidays and wanted to share mine.

I loved all the holidays as a kid. Seeing family and friends, and of course, presents. I think my favourite one was the one when I was in school at 17 just after moving out from my parents house. I think that Christmas really clicked why the holidays and spending quality time with the family is so great. I am looking forward to Christmas this year as well, as we're going to visit family for the holidays and have a newborn to share it with.

One year I was asked by a friend to be Santa at the preschool that she ran. She had a costume for me but I had to dress up at home and have my wife drive me to the preschool. I showed up and played my part well. On the way back home however, I was still in costume when I was spotted by a bus load of children coming home from school. I waved to them as we went by. The bus stop was right at the entrance to the apartment complex where we lived and as well as a number of the kids on the bus.
I was getting out of the costume back at our apartment when I heard a knock at the front door. A moment later my wife came in the room and said, "better put the costume back on, there's at little boy at the door who wants to talk to Santa." I don't remember what I had to say to explain why Santa was living in an apartment in Winton-Salem, NC. But whatever it was, he was satisfied and of course he told me what he wanted for Christmas.

I really enjoy the Christmas season. One very memorable Christmas we had a foreign exchange student living with us. Everything American was so new to him. He was a teenager but seeing the excitement on his face was priceless.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Christmas morning 1987 @ 0500.

I was walking out the back door of the police station when one of my buddies asked what I was gonna do for the last 2 hours of the shift. My response was that I was gonna go get into a pursuit!!
20 minutes later I tried stopping a pickup with a camper. The violation was a defective tail light.
As soon as I activated my lights the chase was on.
Long story short, I got my wish for my 1st Christmas as a police officer!! A pursuit!!
Why did he run?????
Drum roll please

In the camper was........

1,042 pounds of Marihuana!!

I’m serious!!!

Now that was a Christmas I will never forget!!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

I was walking out the back door of the police station when one of my buddies asked what I was gonna do for the last 2 hours of the shift. My response was that I was gonna go get into a pursuit!!
20 minutes later I tried stopping a pickup with a camper. The violation was a defective tail light.
Long story short, I got my wish for my 1st Christmas as a police officer!! A pursuit!!
Why did he run?????
Drum roll please

I’m serious!!!

Too stoned to check the tail lights! Gets em every time! Great job, Marty!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very generous Scott!

My most memorable Christmas was when I was 8 years old and my younger brother was 6. My parents did not have much money so we had nice, but small Christmas celebrations from a material perspective.

I knew the lowdown on Santa but my brother did not so I didn't spill the beans because we each got an extra present. I had also had an appendectomy that summer, so I could not be as active as I would have wished that summer.

We had gone to my grandmother's house for a get-together and, when we arrived home, Santa had visited our house and brought us an air hockey table. We played and played on that air hockey for hours and was the hot spot for our friends to stop over and play.

I realize that today this would likely not be possible due to the electronics we have. I tend to have these vivid memories more now since my mother passed away just over two years ago.

Very generous. My most memorable Christmas was 1969. Couple of things that year. That was the year we bought dad the Super adjustable razor (I still have that). That was also the year I got the space helmet and nasa jumpsuit. It was also the year I started doubting the veracity of my parents. I had asked for the helmet and suit for some time, space fever was everywhere at that time. At one point in early December my mother had opened the hall closet to get her coat. We kids were not allowed in the hall closet, only grownup gear was stowed there (so they said). I got a glimpse of the space helmet box. It bugged me for a while. I rationalized when I opened the suit that, since I hadn't seen the suit in the closet too, Santa was possibly stashing presents early so as not to overload the sleigh.

The jumpsuit had patches on it and was made from some reflective tin foil material. It was hot and scratchy, but I proudly wore it all day long until mom made me change for dinner. The helmet was a thing of beauty. Of course it had to be large for a one-size-fits-all, so my 6 year old noggin swum inside the spacious plastic dome. It had a clear plastic visor that moved up and down, and a microphone where your mouth was with a wax paper diaphragm to simulate radio static. I can't tell you how many times I landed on the moon.

Why did he run?????
Drum roll please

I’m serious!!!

it was just for personal use.

Top Bottom