What's new

Christmas coffee?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I admit it; I like variety.

Our usual espresso es muy saboroso. We prefer Latin grinds to Italian ones, I have learned.

Cheapies such as "La Cachita" and Cafe Rica are actually pretty good, though we usually go for Cafe Pilon and of course, Bustelo.

Experimenting with a dollop of sweetened condensed milk or Nutella in the daily espresso makes for a change of pace, but while shopping for stocking stuffers, I saw this "Mexicocoa" and figured, why not?

proxy.php

With cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and allspice, a spoonful of this stuff in the espresso's sugar pot today made things spicy, smooth, interesting and perhaps, a bit Christmassy.

Anyone else trying to get in the Spirit with their caffeine?

AA

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't know that I would do much with my espresso, but Harney & Sons Chocolate Mint will find its way into my mug from time to time during this holiday season.

I've also been known to accent a cup of Earl Grey with a splash of peppermint schnapps.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I quite like a bit of sweetened condensed milk. I have not tried much else. We still mainly drink instant out here in Australia but we are slowly changing. I might have to try the Nutella though, I don’t mind that stuff at all.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I had a Tabasco chocolate bar yesterday and it was amazing ... so I went Aztec and added a spoon of cayenne pepper to the Mexicocoa can.

This ought to be interesting ... and more traditional.

AA

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
... and I must admit; a whole spoon of cayenne was too much. :letterk1:

Although it warms you up, for sure, on these cold mornings!

Added more sweet cocoa to the can.

Does make the espresso incredibly smooth ...

AA

Top Bottom