What's new

Christmas Card Exchange Sign Up Thread

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
DONE, that was no small effort either lol,.. Im exhausted from a long day, with a long drive home in a snowfall, and a long driveway thats a PITA to shovel, which was the first this year,.... but its DONE at least for now

umm i'm gonna need a bigger mailbox.

I'm the Man? :thumbup1: he .. guess I haven't dropped my name in some thread so far? it is Goran. (Gora=Highland .. so erm *cough* you can call me Highlander har har)

btw only one Jason? where are the rest of em hiding .. I know I wrote to at least 4-5 Jason(s) last year :tongue_sm

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm the Man? :thumbup1: he .. guess I haven't dropped my name in some thread so far? it is Goran. (Gora=Highland .. so erm *cough* you can call me Highlander har har)

btw only one Jason? where are the rest of em hiding .. I know I wrote to at least 4-5 Jason(s) last year :tongue_sm

I got all those cards. No worries

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As the list builds we will match you up with the person both ahead of you on the list and the member below you. The last person in the list will match up with the first, and the first the last for the missing spots.

I will be sending a message to everyone on the list asking for their address.

proxy.php

Kudos to the guys who want to write cards to everyone on the list ... it's up to 28 as per Syngent's latest update!!

proxy.php

I suspect most of us can manage more than two cards, but ... sending out well over two dozen (and growing) may be a bit overwhelming for most of us.

proxy.php

Here's a suggestion ... you shoot a PM to anyone on the list you want to exchange with, and include your address. If that guy wants to exchange, he PM's back his address, and you shoot each other a card. If he's maxed out his card-sending energies already, he remains silent or sends a polite "sorry, no" and everyone is fine with that and no hurt feelings.

Would that be cool?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
proxy.php

Kudos to the guys who want to write cards to everyone on the list ... it's up to 28 as per Syngent's latest update!!

proxy.php

I suspect most of us can manage more than two cards, but ... sending out well over two dozen (and growing) may be a bit overwhelming for most of us.

proxy.php

Here's a suggestion ... you shoot a PM to anyone on the list you want to exchange with, and include your address. If that guy wants to exchange, he PM's back his address, and you shoot each other a card. If he's maxed out his card-sending energies already, he remains silent or sends a polite "sorry, no" and everyone is fine with that and no hurt feelings.

Would that be cool?

Exactly what I did last year. Except I sent one to everyone.
Although this year it will only be those whom I don't have address for already

List updated,... If i have missed anyone, well I didnt mean anything by it, it wasnt personal, I promise

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
James a tiny suggestion if I may.

can you bold the actual username or make it more obvious somehow?
so folks like me that want to PM everyone can easily figure out what exactly is the username vs real name.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That reminds me, I must go and order the stamps.
Post Office doesn't stock a large amount of international stamps, and need notice for anything over 20.
I gotta take a count and then go back for those too.
But they always have a crap load. I just don't want to make two trips.

I would be interested in sending one to everyone as well. Are we going to get a full list or do we have to PM everyone on the list?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would be interested in sending one to everyone as well. Are we going to get a full list or do we have to PM everyone on the list?

I think it's easiest to PM those you want to send a card to. They can provide their address if they want.

What I do is PM everyone on the list and include my address in the PM. If they want a card from me simply reply with their address.

Top Bottom