What's new

Chrissy WANTS a Spear!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
So Sig just released the civvy version of the MCX Spear and I'll be darned of I don't want one! Multi- cal (.277 Fury, 6.5CM, .308 Win), side charger, piston driven, comes with the suppressor, folding 6-posistion stock, and TWO whole boxes of ammo! Down side? $7999.00. Still it's a sexy beast! Plus it'll match my Scorpion because fashion sense! :lol:
mcx-spear-commercial-web-left.jpg

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am struggling with spending $900 on a Ronin 1911. I am too cheap, I will pass…but damn that’s nice.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I am struggling with spending $900 on a Ronin 1911. I am too cheap, I will pass…but damn that’s nice.
I am sure I will end up passing too but it's fun to dream!
P.S. Just noticed it was a 2 stamper. 13" SBR and the can.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So Sig just released the civvy version of the MCX Spear and I'll be darned of I don't want one! Multi- cal (.277 Fury, 6.5CM, .308 Win), side charger, piston driven, comes with the suppressor, folding 6-posistion stock, and TWO whole boxes of ammo! Down side? $7999.00. Still it's a sexy beast! Plus it'll match my Scorpion because fashion sense! :lol:
View attachment 1393186

Looks nice. With a $8K price tag, I guess it doesn't matter there isn't a single part on that rifle which isn't proprietary. :)

It already weighs in at 8.4 pounds before putting anything on top or sticking ammo in it. I don't get .277 Fury. It has the same cartridge length and width as a .308 with the same cross sectional density. I mean, it's nice to be able to get 3,000 fps out of a heavy, 16" barreled AR, but I can get the same velocity from my .270 Savage?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Looks nice. With a $8K price tag, I guess it doesn't matter there isn't a single part on that rifle which isn't proprietary. :)

It already weighs in at 8.4 pounds before putting anything on top or sticking ammo in it. I don't get .277 Fury. It has the same cartridge length and width as a .308 with the same cross sectional density. I mean, it's nice to be able to get 3,000 fps out of a heavy, 16" barreled AR, but I can get the same velocity from my .270 Savage?
.270 is a great deer round as well.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Definitely thinking dory due to Sigs obsession with the spartan stuff. Then again... Maybe pilum as they sell a bunch of Legion stuff? 🤷‍♂️ :lol:
🤔 I have both. The pilum will go through half-inch plywood like paper... And why I needed an eight-foot dory is beyond me. History must be experienced.

🤔 Do like that rifle, though.

AA

Top Bottom