What's new

Chris Ateriou

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So I posted the pipe I’m expecting from Chris Asteriou. He is an architect by trade. I noticed he has some sketches of pipes he’s made on his Instagram. I asked him to create one for the pipe he had finished and he sent this along. Going to look nice when it’s framed.

74CF1B7C-FBEA-4E9A-AA0D-689F0BF40713.png
057886AB-726B-4F68-8813-1606DEBBFDB1.jpeg

I used to collect pipes but I have too many and haven’t bought any for a few years. Toward the end of my pipe buying my interest narrowed to only 3 or 4 artisans that I thought were exceptional and really spoke to me. They were Michael Parks, Chris Asteriou, Maurizio Tombari (Le Nuvole), and Larry Roush.

I have some very lovely Chris Asteriou pipes that I treasure, but I never got an architect’s sketch like this from him. Chris is uniquely able to make any style of pipe and execute it to perfection, with a deep understanding of the history and designs of the masters - pipe wisdom shines through all of his creations. I’m glad to see he still makes pipes. I think he only took it up because of the Greek financial crisis and a lack of demand for architects at the time, but he has amazing skill.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That's awesome. Great pipe, and a great sketch. Very cool thing to have!

Top Bottom