What's new

Choosing only one of everything

Razor: Game Changer .68 (safety bar), but it wins narrowly against the Rockwell 6S and the R4/R2 plate.

Blades and soap: These are easy, Astra SPs and MWF.

Brush: inexpensive boar (bowl latherer).

Lathering bowl: I would put my vintage one out of harm's way, and use the plastic one during the disruption.

Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive Balm.

That's a tough choice really, especially in the soap/aftershave department but here it goes:
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Soap: PAA Cavendish
Aftershave: PAA Cavendish

The answer would probably change every week...let's say:

Fatip OC Slant Piccolo
Perma-Sharp Super
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Klar Seifen shaving soap
Semogue C5 Torga premium boar brush
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed w/ Pereja Limon Kolonya
Pre de Provence balm

Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L1/L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Soap: Martin de Candre Rose
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The 2 base plates would make it like having two razors.
Hey @GNR , so you actually prefer the Sabre over Vector. WOW

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson T2
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood Soap
AS: Prorasso Green Lotion
Frag: Bleu de Chanel EDP (I have a couple of other samples to test but I'm pretty sure I'm about to buy a big bottle of this)
Looks like I'm not the only crazy guy who digs TOBS Sandalwood + Proraso Green combo 😜

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_125623.jpg
    IMG_20210523_125623.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
Henckels Friodur 72 1/2 - my favorite SR
Simpsons 59 - the only brush I use
Mitchell's Wool Fat - the only soap I use lately and one of the two in my inventory
Herold 185wj strop - my only strop
Aqua Velva - that's the toughest one to choose since I would probably try to sneak in Floid Vigoroso and/or Pitralon Classic during wintertime

I guess I’m going to need the OC version now...

I’ve really been digging the Vector recently for mid-week shaves. So quick and efficient.
Honestly, to me it's superb, gives a smoother shave.

I know this game is YMMV, but I tend to buff a lot and the OC allows lather to penetrate deeper, between the combs.

In a word, it's outstanding.

Hey @GNR , so you actually prefer the Sabre over Vector. WOW
I actually sold the Vector. I am planning on getting a Vector Ti and didn’t need both the SS and Ti.
I’m actually really liking the GEM blade format razors. I love the Sabre and have been experimenting with some vintage ASR razors, so far I like the MMOC the best of the vintage razors.

Honestly, to me it's superb, gives a smoother shave.

I know this game is YMMV, but I tend to buff a lot and the OC allows lather to penetrate deeper, between the combs.

In a word, it's outstanding.
I do prefer the open comb format generally. It just makes sense to let the lather through to the blade. Sadly the OC option wasn’t available when I bought my Vector. I’ve been asking myself a lot recently if it’s possible to beat perfection. Logic would say that it not but still I wonder if it’s possible to improve on my current kit.

Top Bottom