What's new

Choosing an SE Razor

Which SE Razor Should I use in the Ultimate Shave Off?

• 1912 Ever Ready

• Flip Top Ever Ready

• 1912 Damaskeene GEM

• 1912 STAR

Results are only viewable after voting.
I need some input in selecting an SE for next week's ultimate shave off.

The candidates are:

1912 Ever Ready previosusly Red Rotted
Flip Top Ever Ready
1912 Damaskeene GEM
1912 STAR

There's not a bad choice in your lineup, Lou. But Dave is the GEM Wiz, so I'd go along with his damaskeene choice. I'm looking forward to following the progress of your Ultimate Shave Off. I agree with your other post about adding a Red Tip, though. IMO, without a Red Tip, it's just a Shave Off. :wink:

:cool:

Really not much difference between the various 1912's but I like the handle on the GEM Damaskene. I find a round handle easier to use and the knurled surface gives a more positive grip than the "chain" design.

I really dislike the Ever Readys with the "lift here" design -- can't be done one-handed!

If I knew what "red rotted" meant I might change my mind!

Last edited:
Really not much difference between the various 1912's but I like the handle on the GEM Damaskene. I find a round handle easier to use and the knurled surface gives a more positive grip that the "chain" design.

I really dislike the Ever Readys with the "lift here" design -- can't be done one-handed!

If I knew what "red rotted" meant I might change my mind!

The results are tightening. This thread explains and shows "Red Rot" - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101926

I like the Star type handle. The handle is not fancy, but it gives a solid grip while shaving.

I also have a Damaskeene model with the knurled handle. I have not shaved with this one yet, but I’m sure that it will be great too.

Steve

Top Bottom