What's new

Choosing a Lupo

I've used the GC 68 (very smooth, surprisingly efficient). I have the 84 OC but haven't used it yet.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Alright. Let me know how the Lupo .95 compares to the Game Changer .84 after you use it if you don't mind.

And would you say the .68 is more efficient than the Merkur34c or are they about the same, from your experience?

I also find the Lupo 95 to be a bit more comfortable than the 72. I don't know why.

I don't sense much difference in efficiency between the GC 84 SB and the Lupo 72. Similar in closeness, but the GC is more comfortable.

For me, in terms of comfort, GC 84>Lupo 95>Lupo 72. In terms of efficiency, Lupo 95>Lupo 72=GC 84

I find the efficiency of the GC 84 about like a Gillette Slim set at 7-8, depending on the Slim in question (I have several, there is variability between them). One of my Slims at 8 is more comfortable but a bit less efficienct than the GC, while another that I used yesterday at 8 was more efficient than the GC but I felt my face for hours after that shave. The day before set at 7 was noticeably more comfortable than set at 8, efficiency similar to the GC.

As always, YMMV, as is obvious from the responses here and elsewhere.

I have the double comb which I think is .95 and it's a little too aggressive.
I should have got the 72.

You should be able to just get the 72 baseplate then. That's one thing I like about it is that I have the 72 and 95 but only had to pay for one handle and top cap.

Top Bottom