What's new

Choosing a first soap or cream

The Acca Kappa is a hard cream too. I scoop out an almond shaped lump into my shaving bowl.... smash it thin and go from there. Should be a similar procedure.

I'll take a look at their pre-shave gel.... I made my own pre-shave oil based on the ingredients I saw in other products and it was a miserable failure.... just clogged up the razor and didn't seem to add anything to the shave itself. That was one of those "live and learn" things.
For soaps I use my patented Scoop and Smoosh Method™️, you will need to refer to it by it's proper name or my lawyers are going to...
Anyway, I bought the cream for quicker shaving and was frustrated that it was hard. I decided to throw caution to the wind and try loading out of the jar and it works if you are in a hurry. Just make sure your brush is barely damp.
The gel is a unique product due to the ingredients. It is an oil like hybrid product. It leaves a noticeably slick feeling underneath the lather, but rinses off well. That plus with that is you don't wind up with oily fingers. It has the same light fragrance as the cream, pleasant and just barely noticeable. Both @Kennyg2019 approved, he is fragrance sensitive.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
For soaps I use my patented Scoop and Smoosh Method™️, you will need to refer to it by it's proper name or my lawyers are going to...
Anyway, I bought the cream for quicker shaving and was frustrated that it was hard. I decided to throw caution to the wind and try loading out of the jar and it works if you are in a hurry. Just make sure your brush is barely damp.
The gel is a unique product due to the ingredients. It is an oil like hybrid product. It leaves a noticeably slick feeling underneath the lather, but rinses off well. That plus with that is you don't wind up with oily fingers. It has the same light fragrance as the cream, pleasant and just barely noticeable. Both @Kennyg2019 approved, he is fragrance sensitive.
I have them saved at Amazon. I haven't checked pricing at any of the US shaving supply companies. I would really like to support them instead of Amazon...any recommendations? I googled it and there are several... but I'd like to know I'm supporting a small business if I'm going to go away from Amazon.

I'm looking at Fendrihan.com.... They are based in Florida... I just looked through their product line.... not much that interests me other than the Baume.be.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I have them saved at Amazon. I haven't checked pricing at any of the US shaving supply companies. I would really like to support them instead of Amazon...any recommendations? I googled it and there are several... but I'd like to know I'm supporting a small business if I'm going to go away from Amazon.

I'm looking at Fendrihan.com.... They are based in Florida... I just looked through their product line.... not much that interests me other than the Baume.be.

Any other suggestions?
I get mine from Maggards. It goes fast, but restocks. Shave Nation usually has it at a little bit of a premium. Be sure to grab some(many) samples if you shop at Maggards! :devil:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Any other suggestions?

OK, only experience I have with Fendrihan, is when I was on a search to buy my Feather AS-D2, it was very clear, quite quickly mind you, that first search results went to Fendrihan. I took this as a sign, that Fendrihan was more then likely the US's chosen distributor of Feather razor products. But you know what? I didn't care. Why?

Because I was looking for the best price on the Feather AS-D2, I wasn't going to pay scalpers prices! Furthermore, payment method options available mattered to me as well. So thats all I can say about that. :p

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
OK, only experience I have with Fendrihan, is when I was on a search to buy my Feather AS-D2, it was very clear, quite quickly mind you, that first search results went to Fendrihan. I took this as a sign, that Fendrihan was more then likely the US's chosen distributor of Feather razor products. But you know what? I didn't care. Why?

Because I was looking for the best price on the Feather AS-D2, I wasn't going to pay scalpers prices! Furthermore, payment method options available mattered to me as well. So thats all I can say about that. :p
I'm trying to find a company who sells the products I know I'll be buying in the future... So far.. this one has this.... another one has that. Pricing matters to me, though a few dollars here or there aren't a big deal. Customer service is very important to me... but not if the prices are exorbitant. I want to experiment with the AC blades my Claymore Evo uses... the Feathers are easy... everyone sells them. But the Schick Prolines and the Kai Captain blades are tough to find...First world problems.

I'm trying to find a company who sells the products I know I'll be buying in the future... So far.. this one has this.... another one has that. Pricing matters to me, though a few dollars here or there aren't a big deal. Customer service is very important to me... but not if the prices are exorbitant. I want to experiment with the AC blades my Claymore Evo uses... the Feathers are easy... everyone sells them. But the Schick Prolines and the Kai Captain blades are tough to find...First world problems.
I get everything from Gifts&Care these days. It’s the only place I’ve found that sells everything I like under one roof. They have a huge selection and shipping from Spain is quite reasonable. Particularly if there are a few things in your basket. For me in Australia it works out pretty well. They don’t charge sales tax on purchases outside the EU and there is a permanent “B&B” 10% discount code.

The selection is excellent and they turn over lots of product so you know that what you’re receiving is fresh. It’s a really good operation. Orders are dispatched quickly are well packaged. I’ve ordered lots of items in glass bottles and never received a broken one. I’ve called their customer support once to fix a mistake I made with an order. Their English was far better than my Spanish and they fixed me up straight away. Pro tip: avoid using PayPal for international purchases. The exchange rate is terrible. You save quit a bit by using your regular credit card at checkout.

The only downside is that they can’t send alcohol based aftershaves by airmail. If you try to order those you will get an error message at the checkout. Luckily I prefer the non-alcohol based balms. Standard shipping takes about two weeks to Australia which I find acceptable. There’s an express option if you’re down to last of your soap supply.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I get everything from Gifts&Care these days. They have a huge selection and shipping from Spain is quite reasonable. For me in Australia it works out pretty well. They don’t charge sales tax on purchases outside the EU and there is a permanent “B&B” 10% discount code.

The selection is excellent and they turn over lots of product so you know that what you’re receiving is fresh. It’s a really good operation. Orders are dispatched quickly are well packaged. I’ve ordered lots of items in glass bottles and never received a broken one. I’ve called their customer support once to fix a mistake I made with an order. Their English was far better than my Spanish and they fixed me up straight away. Pro tip: avoid using PayPal for international purchases. The exchange rate is terrible. You save quit a bit by using your regular credit card at checkout.
Thx, Tomo... I'll check them out.

I get everything from Gifts&Care these days. It’s the only place I’ve found that sells everything I like under one roof. They have a huge selection and shipping from Spain is quite reasonable. Particularly if there are a few things in your basket. For me in Australia it works out pretty well. They don’t charge sales tax on purchases outside the EU and there is a permanent “B&B” 10% discount code.

The only downside is that they can’t send alcohol based aftershaves by airmail. If you try to order those you will get an error message at the checkout. Luckily I prefer the non-alcohol based balms. Standard shipping takes about two weeks to Australia which I find acceptable. There’s an express option if you’re down to last of your soap supply.
Thanks, that was just in time before I placed my order! I didn't know about the code, thought I knew all of those... that should cover shipping.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks, that was just in time before I placed my order! I didn't know about the code, thought I knew all of those... that should cover shipping.

That’s the way I look at it.
So the code is just "B&B"?

I don't have an order to place at the moment but I did set up an account with them. I tried a sample order, if you will but didn't see a place for a discount code. Probably because I hadn't gone far enough in the process.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
unfortunately, with the new UK restrictions.... they won't ship razor blades to the States. I had them in the shopping cart... went to pay... and got a notice..
CORRECTION:

I emailed Connaught about the razor blade restriction.... it turns out, they can't ship Feather products to the US.. other brands of razor blades are fine.

Top Bottom