• Proraso

• Musgo Real

• Irisch Moos

Results are only viewable after voting.
In order, I believe we should all try,

Proraso
then Tabac
then MWF.

I don't know if these are the best, but they are the staples it seems. So I found them helpful for shaves, and also importantly found it useful for knowing what everyone on B&B is talking about 50% of the time. :w00t:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Soap MWF

Cream Proraso/C.O.bigelow

Then there is Cella. It's not a soap. It's better than a soap. It's not a cream. It's better than a cream.

Proraso The best lather maker of all time
Cella another great one a hYbrid soap/cream
Arlington There are better scents from DR harris maybe a nice floral
Im partial to Rose

You didn't include my favorite, which is the Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream. Tried lots of others, but this one works-- makes great lather in my extra hot volcanic geothermal water.

Since I prefer creams, here are 2, for 2 different reasons"

DH Harris Arlington is INCREDIBLY soft and smooth with a wonderful, light scent and awesome easy-to-build lather.

The Moos, in a tube, is interesting scent and also gives great lather --- and it's less than $9 !

Hello,

My first cream/soap was Proraso cream. After trying about a dozen different types, and still counting, the Proraso is not only a great shaving cream but it is a great bargain, and I like the menthol 'wake up' call it give's me in the morning. Aside from playing around with new types of creams and soaps and scents the Proraso is an excellent latherer and lubricator and even though cost is not really an issue it would be my 'daily driver' lather if I had to choose only one (well, either that or TOBS Avocado, man that stuff is rich and thick!).

Ahh, enjoy your new found enthusiasm for DE shaving. It'll stick with you like a friendly dog but it'll smell better.

Happy shaving,

Joe

Thanks everybody for the overwhelming amount of replies. Thanks to you guys I not only have a good idea of what gets added to the order, the poll is still open for voting, but I also have a good list of things to try next time. :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ok, so I am looking to buy the "Everything" DE blade sampler from West Coast Shaving. Well instead of buy a $30 sampler and paying $10 dollars shipping, why not buy some of the soaps and creams that I have wanted to try to qualify for free shipping. That is my reasoning anyway. So now I am giving the fine members of B&B the chance to decide my soapy fate. I have narrowed down the list of things that I wanted to try.

Soaps;
D.R. Harris - Arlington
Mitchell's Woolfat
Tabac
Muhle - Sandalwood

Creams;
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Eton College
Proraso
Musgo Real
Irisch Moos

I know the poll system won't work perfectly because my idea was to have you guys choose 2 soaps and 2 creams but you will only be able to vote for one product. The poll will be open until Monday, February 28th and I will be completing my order sometime after I get to the office. I will be choosing the top two soaps and the top two creams regardless of their overall order. I will gladly read any suggestions you leave as comments into account for future purchases but for the sake of simplicity only the top two soaps and creams from the poll will be purchased this time around. Who knows, this stuff all might end up on the B/S/T or PIF'd but I trust you guys to steer me in a good direction. :thumbup:

Edit: This is the first poll I have made and didn't realize that it can be multiple choice. If you would like to vote more than once please choose 2 soaps(first 4 options) and 2 creams(second 4 options)

My vote is for the Arlington. I got my sampler from T&H, so I have been using that the last 4 shaves. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I really miss my Arlington- the rest of the samples can wait. I purposely didn't shave today to make tomorrow's better. T&H makes a good product, but I MISS the Harris.

My recommendations from the list in descending "must try" order:

Proraso - easy, slick, protective lather with the awesomeness of menthol. Maybe that's not for everyone, but I'm a huge fan of anything with that cooling sensation.

tabac- some say this stuff is easy, but I had a heck of a time working with it at first. After a few lackluster shaves, something clicked. This soap is hard to beat.

Eton college - TOBS never disappoints. This scent is addictive, and, based on my research, is quite popular with the ladies. (It was difficult to pick between this and Musgo for cream number 2. I think Musgo gives a slightly better shave, but I like the smell of eton college THAT much.)

Finally, although I've yet to try it myself, Arlington. I've heard it mentioned so often that it has climbed to the top of my own "must try" list.

However,

Then there is Cella. It's not a soap. It's better than a soap. It's not a cream. It's better than a cream.

This.

Soap: MWF
DR Harris

Cream: out of those choices, Proraso, but there's plenty others that I would choose over those. Just my humble opinion though!

Polls are closed and the order is placed.

Thanks to you guys, along with my "Everything" DE sampler from West Coast Shaving I am getting;

D.R. Harris Arlington
Mitchell's Woolfat
Proraso
TOBS Eton College

:thumbup:

Top Bottom